Just Had Juvederm 2 Days Ago and Need to See Dentist. Its Not Emergency but the Sooner the Better?

the problem is it was injected in nasolobial folds and my dentist always asks me to open mouth wide and it may take up to 1-1.5 hours with wide open mouth. When is it absolutely safe to go to dentist if i want to be sure he wont move my filler? i read you cannot have massage for a while (all of you have different opinion how long) but this is actually is worse then massage i guess.

Opening your mouth for dental work if okay after juvederm...

+1

just ask the dentist/technician not to push to hard on the area...but don't neglect important dental work do to fear of your filler moving...not really an issue unless there's lots of pressure on the sites over sometime...

Dental work 2 days after Juvederm treatment

+1

In general, it is important to avoid the following things the first couple of weeks after you have filler:

1) Applying pressure to the area the filler was injected
2) Attempting to move the filler by massaging the area

If you have your mouth open wide in a dentist's chair for an extended period of time, it should not have a negative effect on your filler. If you really wanted to be safe, you can wait two weeks before having dental work. But this really is not necessary. Just let them know you had the treatment, and ask them to avoid putting pressure on your nasolabial folds. You are correct about the massage, and it is best to avoid that for a few weeks. But having dental work should not pose more of a concern than massage. 

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Going to the Dentist 2 Days After Filler

+1

If a root canal or another significant procedure needs to be performed go to the dentist.  Otherwise, put off the appointment for a couple of weeks.

Dentist following Juvederm treatment

+1

You will want to avoid pressure in the area the filler is placed within the first few weeks of the treatment. Having dental work should not be a problem as long as there is no pressure placed on the area. I would recommend communicating with your dentist, and explain to him or her that you recently had treatment with filler in the nasolabial folds. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Dental Visit After Juvederm

+1

As can be seen, a variety of different responses has yielded a variety of different opinions.  I would answer the question more based on how much your tooth is bothering you.  If there are real pain issues, it's doubtful that a Dental visit will compromise your Juvederm result. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

How soon can I see a dentist after Juvederm in Nasal Labial folds?

+1

We typically advise you to avoid firm pressure on the treated area for the first few days unless it is intentional. You may have some swelling and tenderness that could make it uncomfortable to open your mouth wide. Other than that, opening your mouth won't hurt the product.

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm and a dental procedure

+1

I would advise waiting 2 weeks after your Juvederm treatment before having an elective dental procedure done.  If your dentist uses a dental block that might cause a bruise in the area or presses too long on the filler, it may affect the Juvederm.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fillers and dentist visit

+1

I would advise against firmly pressing on the skin or boxing or things of that nature for up to 2 weeks. Visiting the dentist and keeping your mouth wide open should not be a problem, that said, I would give your dentist the heads up on your recent filler treatment.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Visiting a dentist after getting fillers

+1

I ask patients not to press hard or massage an area that was injected with filler for about 48 hours, or you can inadvertently move the filler, yes. Opening your mouth wide for a dental appointment is different. I would just tell your dentist that you recently had fillers into the NLF region so s/he or his assistant don't press on that area. Most dentists will be familiar with patients with dermal fillers so they will know what to do. If you need to see the dentist, it's ok to do so!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Filler and a dentist

+1

I doubt the dentist will disrupt your filler, but if you want to be on the safe side, you may want to wait about two weeks.