Juvederm for Cheeks?

Is there anything I can do to decrease the amount of lines that form when I smile? Would filling out my cheeks with Juvederm help? My face has lost volume in the past couple of years (I'm 37). How much juvederm is needed for this area?

Juvederm for cheeks?

+1

Hi. Accentuated smile lines related to facial volume loss may be improved using a hyaluronic acid filler, such as Juvederm. In addition, there are other fillers that may be useful for this area. The amount of Juvederm required will depend on the overall amount of volume loss, the number and location of treatment areas that concern you, and the degree of improvement that you seek. Evaluation by a doctor who is experienced with facial fillers would provide you with information about available choices and an estimate as to an appropriate amount of filler for your particular case. I hope that helps. 

Smile lines in cheeks

+1

Smile lines in cheeks start to form from loss of volume in both thesoft tissue ( fat) and the skeletal bone of the face.  Juvederm or Restylane can be used but I prefer sculptra for a more long lasting solution to replace the lost volume. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon