Can I Use Juvederm if I Have Had Aquamid Injections 2 Years Ago?

+1

After 2 years I see no reason to associate these two fillers with restrictions of use. Best to discuss in person with your injecting doc. 

Can Juvederm be combined with other fillers

+1

Juvederm can be used with other fillers.  If there are still deficiencies or areas that need filling, there is no problem layering one filler on top of another.  The only recommendation is to wait until all the swelling from the first filler is gone so that it is clearer where additional injections are needed and how much of the new filler you need.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Different types of fillers can and are used to fill in and create shape to the face.  There should be no problem of having Juvederm injections, IMHO.

Using different fillers

+1

There is no problem with using Juvederm in an area where other fillers have been used before. It is very common to use different fillers to address individual issues, in the same anatomic site.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Yes

+1

There is no reason why using a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm should not be used after using Aquamid.Juvederm, unlike Aquamid is an absorbable filler and unlike Aquamid is FDA approved. Just keep in mind that in theory the Aquamid is still there so be conservative with the fillers.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD