Juvederm Appointment Tomorrow, Possible Drug Interaction?

I've had Juvederm twice in the past for my nasal labial folds and tomorrow I've decided to have my upper lip filled a bit so that I don't have to keep using that pesky lip liner and cheat. Something that didn't even occur to me until now is that I'm well into a 2 week course of 500/125mg of Co-Amoxiclav for a UTI gone haywire. As it's 11 days before my wedding I'd really like to avoid anything that will jack up my face or make me ill. Will this be any cause for concern? Thanks!

Reactions & Interactions to fillers

+1

There is no concern as far as the medication you are on and a filler such as juvederm. The main concern is always a little swelling, and potential for a bruise which can last up to 10 days. Otherwise, juvederm or restylane almost never interact with oral medications.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Reaction

+1

You shouldn't have a problem with a reaction.  Given that it's close to your wedding day, just be careful - you may bruise!  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.EYESandLIDS.com

Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm before wedding

+1

I don't think that you should worry about a drug interaction. However, you might get a couple of bruises from injections even if you never have before and need to consider this possibility as your wedding is coming up. Weigh how much you think that you need this against the possible risk of not loving it or a bruise. Enjoy the wedding.

Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm and medications

+1

The medication you are taking will not affect your Juvederm injections. However, with a wedding only 11 days away, are you sure you want to do the Juvederm? I really don't like doing any kind of fillers on people before a big event (especially a wedding!) in case there is any bruising or swelling or you don't like it! Filler bruising and swelling takes about 7-10 days to go away, and it takes about that long to settle down too. Consider this please, just in case!

Juvederm

+1

The medication that you are taking should not affect your Juvederm injection.  If you are getting married in 11 days, I would strongly suggest being very conservative with your lip injections (especially if you have never had lip injections before).  Also, make sure that your injector has Vitrase on had incase you do not like the results.  The Vitrase can be use to melt the Juvederm if you do not like the results.  That said, Juvederm Ultra XC is a great product for lip enhancement.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.Shafer PlasticSurgery.com