Alternatives to Juvederm for Nasolabial Folds?

I had Bells Palsy over 10 years ago and have a deep nasolabial folds, more prominent on one side. I was considering Juvederm as a filler, but saw that if you have had Bells Palsy, don't use it. Is this true? What alternatives do I have to fill the deep fold?

Juvederm is great for treating assymetry from Bell's Palsy

+2

Fortunately, it is very safe to use Juvederm if you have had a Bell's Palsy in the past. Most doctors would probably agree that if you have just developed a Bell's Palsy, and you are healing, you should wait. However, once the healing is complete (one to two years at most), fillers can be very helpful in restoring more symmetry to your face. I have treated many people with Bell's Palsy using Juvederm and other fillers, and they are delighted with the results.

I hope this is helpful.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bells' plasty and fillers

+1

Fillers are probably pretty safe for Bell's palsy patients that have not improved. Of course you should check with your neurologist..  The hyaluronic acids are the most popular products to use and easily reversible.

Alternatives for nasolabial folds

+1

Various fillers can be used safely in someone with Bell's Palsy to even out the nasolabial folds, including: restylane, perlane, juvederm, evolence, radiesse and artesense. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon