Can Juvederm Be Done After Alma Harmony Laser?

I am scheduled to do the Alma harmony laser for skin tightening next week on the lower half of my face. Two days later, I have an appointment with a different doctor to do Juvederm in my chin and nasolabial folds.

I'm not trying hide the appointments from my doctors; it's just that the doctor whom I trust to do my filler doesn't have the skin tightening laser. Is it okay to do Juvederm that soon after? Should I schedule the Juvederm before the laser? Thanks!

Juvederm after Skin tightening treatment

+1

As long as you do not hae significantly swelling from the skin tightening, it should be okay to get filler treatment.

Juvederm Injections and Alma Harmony, Keeping Harmony Between Cosmetic Physicians

+1

Hi Lapcas,

I can't believe that this is how I find out that you are seeing another doctor!....just kidding.

I would wait until all of your swelling has resolved from your Alma Harmony treatment before having your Juvederm injections to your chin.

Your question reminds me of the best compliment that a facial plastic surgeon can recieve. Bumping into a patient whom he had not seen for many months, the surgeon who had treated the patient with fillers and Botox many months before was impressed with how great the patient still looked. So good that the surgeon suspected that she had gone to another physician for treatment. It got the best of the surgeon and he could not resist asking, "You look so good, have you been seeing another cosmetic doctor?" To which his patient replied, "No doc, only you!"

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fillers done after tightening treatments

+1

As long as there is no surface wound that might risk an infection by the filler needle going through a bacterial-colonized surface, and provided you don't have significant swelling distorting the surface anatomy, you can have fillers two days after a procedure.

Juvederm okay after laser skin tightening

+1

Your timing should be fine. any swelling from the laser treatment will have subsided enough within a couple of days. As you know, laser first then fillers.

Fillers two days ofafter Laser resurfacing

+1

I would be concerned that you still may have some slight or mild swelling from the laser procedure that would interfere with accurate placement of the filler product which may be undesireable once the swelling resiolves

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.