Juvederm for Acne Scars?

My doctor recommend this treatment to me.

Juvederm may help, however, laser resurfacing is far better

+1

I have used a number of different fillers including Juvederm, Radiesse, and Perlane with fairly good results. But over the years have found the results of CO2 laser resurfacing far better than any of these fillers.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Good Idea

+1

I think this is a very good approach for a limited number of discrete acne scars. Collagen is also a good treatment but Juvederm lasts longer. In fact, the hyaluronic acid fillers last longer for this sort of treatment than for wrinkles since acne scars are not under any tension.

Fillers, be it collagen or JUvederm are not very effective for the ice pick or punched out scars, but neither are the other standard treatments.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist