Can I Take Juvederm Injections and Go for a Long Flight Just After the Procedure?

Does air travel affect Juvederm right after injections?

+1

In my office we generally recommend waiting at least 24-48 hours after injections before you get on a long flight.  This is to avoid undue swelling and bruising that seems to worsen in the pressurized cabin right after injections.  You would naturally have some swelling and bruising anyway which could worsen under those circumstances..

Flying after injection of fillers

+1

Injections of fillers is a noninvasive procedure with no side-effects other than swelling and maybe some bruising. This has no effect on your ability to travel, via plane or other methods of transportation, nor will traveling have any effect on the results of your injections. So taking the plane right after juvederm injections isn't a problem.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Flying after fillers?

+1

There is no contraindication to flying after filler treatments. However, if there is an issue following the treatment, it's better if the injecting physician can examine it. Additionally, as there can be bruising and swelling after filler injections, it is wise not to have the treatment right before any important social events (ie a day before a wedding!). 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Flying after filler treatments

+1

You should be able to fly after minimally invasive filler injections such as Juvederm Injections. 

Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

You can certainly have Juvederm before a flight, just remember you can bruise with Juvederm.  I use Arnica to help with bruising, as well as concealers, but still if you bruise you will notice it.  Remember to wear compression hose on a long flight to prevent blood clots!

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Flying will not raise the risk of any filler-related complications. The biggest risk with these treatments is a small bruise. However, if you're planning to travel for business or pleasure you might want to re-schedule the treatment so that you're not sitting in business meetings or trying to enjoy your vacation with a facial bruise. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it is not contraindicated to travel immediately following Juvaderm, Restylane or Perlane treatments.

+1

There is no reason not to travel immediately following a Juvaderm treatment.  Your greatest risk is bruising.  If you don't need to look perfect and can afford a possible bruise, go ahead and get the treatment and travel as planned.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and travel

+1

Yes I don't think the change in pressures have made a big difference in my injection patients.  Stay away from heavy lifting, Advil (Ibuprofen) and aspirin around the injection time as these will stimulate bleeding. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Juvederm and long trips

+1

It certainly should be OK to travel after juvederm injections in most cases. Just remember that you may have bruising and swelling after the procedure.

Juvederm and flying

+1

There is no problem flying after Juvederm injections; however, if you have any acute side effects after the treatment, where would you seek help?

I would advise waiting at least 24 to 48 hours before traveling to make certain you are not having any immediate problems.  If you have difficulties with bumps later, they can be managed afterwards.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist