Can Juvaderm or Other Fillers Increase the Appearance of the Cheekbones Only, and Not the Entire Cheeks?

I am 19, but I have some sagging skin on my cheeks, which not only gives my face a pudgy look, but also gives me much more pronounced marionette folds than I should have for my age. It makes my cheeks look pudgy, so my question is this: can you get some sort of filler in the cheekbone area ONLY that will increase the appearance and prominence of the cheekbones, but not increase or plump up the cheeks themselves. If so, would this perhaps decrease the marionette folds by stretching the skin?

+1

Photos would help in the evaluation.  At 19 years old, your face most likely retains some of the "baby fat" making it appear pudgy.  This is typically lost, from the face, in the early twenties.  Have a couple of consultations with plastic and cosmetic surgeons that understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Shaping the face frequently entails decreasing excess fatty tissue as well  as augmenting the cheeks.  Without seeing you or a photo, of your face, it's impossible to tell what's best in your particular case.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Fillers to increase the appearance of cheek bones

+1

Yes there are. Radiesse and Sculptra are fillers that we have been successfuly injecting immediate bove cheek bones.They do exactly that, they will increase the projection and height of cheek bones and by stretching skin of the mid and low face improve the nasolabial folds and marionnete lines. Radiesse is mixed with local anesrthetics, therefore injections are minially painful and may last two years in our experience . It seems you may be an ideal candidate for these injections.

Web reference: http://www.mahjouricosmeticsurgery.com

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is best for enhancing cheekbones

+1

When expertly injected, Radiesse can be quite effective in increasing the appearance and prominence of cheekbones. It is much more effective than hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm. Radiesse is injected deeper, beneath the skin, and generates more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. The effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatment.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek fillers

+1

Filler scan be used to augment the highlight of the cheek bone. It is certainly patient and injector dependent.  

Using Filler for Definition of Facial Features

+1

Fillers vary in terms of their chemical properties.  This difference makes it possible to create distinct effects.  Your desire to highlight the cheek but not add volume is feasible but also difficult.  The key for you is to choose a provider that understands the chemical properties of the fillers that they use and has sufficient anatomical knowledge to take advantage of these properties.  This question is a good example of why you want to go to a physician for filler treatment.  While it may seem simple to inject a dermal filler, there is a lot more to consider in getting consistently great results.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon