Safe to Use Juvaderm in Area Around Porex Cheek Implants?

Hi, I'm happy with a recent medpor cheek implant surgery generally but would like the edges of the implants 'softend' a little around my eye/temple area. I think it's a bit obvious I have something under my skin. I thought something like Juvaderm Voluma would do the job. Is there any problems with putting 2/3 mls of Juvaderm in near cheek implants? and how long should I wait until having the filler? I want to have the filler as soon as possible but not sure if that risks implant infection.

Juvederm in Skin around Porex Cheek Implants

+2

It is safe to inject Juvederm in the skin around Porex cheek implants. The implants are placed under the skin and muscles on the bones; the Juvederm is injected superficially in the skin.

Juvederm after cheek implant

+1

You should get the consent from the surgeon who placed the implants prior to getting any filler done.  The placement of the filler is not the concern as it is much more superficial than the plane in which the implant is placed.  However, there could be a concern if the filler is not injected in an aseptic / clean technique.  A biofilm, or infection of the filler could risk the longevity of the implant as they would have to be removed if they got infected. This is extraordiarily rare with Juvederm or Restylane, but you should still get the approval from your surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm with cheek implant

+1

I do not think juvederm is a problem around the implant.  But your surgeon should make sure your edema from the implant surgery has fully resolved or you may have to repeat or reverse the juvederm. Donald R Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Injectable fillers after permanent implants

+1

There should be no problem proceeding with fillers after placing a permanent cheek implant. I would recommend waiting at least several months first for the swelling to resolve and to make sure the implant is in good position before adding additional volume. I often will augment the cheek further with injectable implants after placing a permanent implant first but wait several months at least.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm ok if Cheek Implants are healed

+1

No, this should be OK, IMHO, as long as the Cheek Implants are well healed...4-6 months post Cheek Augmentation.  If you are trying to soften the edges Voluma, Perlane, Radiesse or Sculptra should all be useful depending on the tickness of your skin and tissues.

Juvederm and implants

+1

Paul, Firstly , you might want to ask the person that did the implants as they are most familiar with when swelling willl be completely gone and whether there will be any shifts or changes post  op. Once they are fully settled I see no reason why filler can not be placed near them but must be careful of the implants. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist