Jutting Point Coming From Nose Tip 3 Months Post-Op, Do I Need a Revision? Pic Enclosed

3 months and I have a jutting point coming from my nose. One side feels flat and the other looks more round, the pic of my nose is currently my profile pic. I'm not sure what to do? Should I seek revision, consult with my doctor or ? Thanks so much ~ Katie

Nasal tip uneven at 3 mths.

+1

As you can see from the other doctors, you shouldn't be concerned this early in your post op course. Continue the post op routine your doctor has prescribed to decrease the swelling. Sometimes a little make-up can make the nose seem a little more even.
 I hope that this is helpful for you . Jon Sattler, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Glendora, California.

Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It appears that there is severe asymmetry on your nasal tip, because of the way the cartilages on the right and left are positioned. While you still have swelling. This  asymmetry will probably get worse with time as the swelling decreases.

The cartilages need to be repositioned to fix this problem.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip juttiing post rhinoplasty

+1

You need to give this more time, at least 3 months. Also, continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Sometimes revisions are necessary, and this is not all that uncommon.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

The irregular tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Though the irregular area or flattening may not go away after three months, it is best to wait another three to six months to let the tip fully soften. This will be the best time to see what problems remain, and if you still feel that you should consider revision.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

The appearance of the tip of your nose, after Rhinoplasty Surgery, will continue to change over the next 6-9 months.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photo: I see that you have protrusion of your tip cartilage more on your right than your left. This may change with time. 3-mos. post-op is too soon to consider revision rhinoplasty. I could provide better advice after viewing a frontal photo. The aerial view you posted is relatively unimportant as this is not how the world sees you.

If you're bothered by your appearance, you should certainly bring your concerns to your surgeon. If his analysis is not reassuring for you, you should get a second opinion from a reputable rhinoplasty specialist.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and pointy tip.

+1

Too soon to say if you will need a revision. See your surgeon for follow up and he can tell you if your healing is proper.

Nose tip

+1

It is too early to judge the final results. I suggest you stick close to your surgeon for follow up visits and be patient

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com