I Jumped off of a Chair a Week After Breast Getting Breast Implants. Will This Do Any Harm?

I Jumped off of a Chair a Week After Breast Getting Breast Implants. Will This Do Any Harm? I'm 5'3 my weight is 120 300cc implants under the muscle.

Rigorous activity

+1

I usually recommend limited rigorous acitivity after surgery to minimize the risk of hematomas, etc..  In most cases in my office, rest 3-4 wks until you start aerobics, and 6-8 weeks for heavy lifting.

Strenuous activity after breast surgery

+1

I caution my patients who undergo breast surgery, especially implant surgery, to avoid strenuous activity for 4-6 weeks after surgery. Anything that causes the breasts to bounce should be avoided during this time period. When they do resume these types of activities, I have them wear a very supportive bra in order to keep the implants and/or breasts supported. With that said, a single jump from a chair should not be a problem. If you notice any asymmetry, increased swelling or pain, I would encourage you to follow-up with your surgeon. Otherwise, I don't feel as if you should be concerned.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

First two weeks should be careful with activity

+1

You should be catiouse with your activity after surgery the first 2 to 3 weeks are crucial. Regarding your question unless you have pain swelling after your jump you should be fine.

see your doctor if any doubt .

Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Damage to breasts implants from jumping off chair

+1

Unless you jumped and landed on your new breast implants, you should be fine. If you did major damage, you would know. If you are concerned or have questions, call yoru surgeon.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast implant trauma

+1
Did you land on your chest? Why would you have even considered jumping off a chair a week postop? In all likelihood, you did not damage the implants but please don't do this again and followup with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Injury to Breast Implants?

+1

Assuming no direct trauma to the breasts,  it is unlikely that any harm was done with your attempt to fly. I would suggest that you “take it easy” and follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Injury After BAM

+1

Not sure exactly what you did.  But it is very unlikely you damaged your implants.   Any concerns, just check in with your PS

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS