Jumped on Bed, Hurt Right Boob, Now Paranoid It's Slowly Leaking?

I jumped on my bed a few days ago, landed on my belly, had my arms underneath my chest so I didn't land right on them. Hurt my right breast, ached for awhile, now I feel like it feels different. I'm paranoid my implant is slowly leaking, constantly feeling it and comparing it to my left breast. I have Natrelle Saline 68 MP's L@480ccs and R510ccs. What are the chances I damaged my implant? Can the implant shift due to my jump? or am I just paranoid? I have had my implants since 12/2011.

Breast implant rupture

+1

Chances are you are just over worrying.  These implants were made to handle most blunt traumatic injuries. With Saline implants you would be able to tell that the involved implant is smaller with in a relatively short period of time if it was ruptured or leaking. As far as the implant being displaced, that would be near impossible at this much time after having your surgery. You probably have some swelling from the injury itself and it may be possible to tear the capsule (scar tissue) around your implant. This sometimes can lead to a seroma or hematoma. If you continue to have concerns, you should see your plastic surgeon that performed your surgery. 

Damaged Breast Implant

+1

Hello. It is unlikely that you ruptured your implant completely with this incident but you should be examined by your surgeon to avoid possible complications down the road.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Saline implant leaking is sure to show

+1

Even with a slow leak in a saline implant, the volume loss will become apparent. The implants are very durable and withstand even the most severe stresses and exercise. You could have torn the implant capsule causing the implant to feel different. Best to let your surgeon have a quick look.

Implant damage is unlikely, but you could have torn your capsule.

+1

As others have stated, implant damage is unlikely (they really are quite durable) but you could have put enough "sudden" pressure on your breast capsule to have inadvertently performed a "closed capsulotomy." This basically means that the healed capsule (hopefully a thin, soft, and pliable scar that allows your breasts to feel soft) may have sustained a sudden "squeeze" when you landed on your chest, causing the capsule to rupture or tear, NOT your implant.

If you did damage to or caused your implant to leak it would gradually deflate and this would truly become more and more evident.

However, a traumatic capsulotomy could indeed cause the "different feel" you describe. Fortunately, this too heals, but your surgeon can tell you if there is anything else to be concerned about after s/he examines you. Get yourself checked out for peace of mind! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Problem after Jumping on Bed?

+1

Although it is unlikely that any real harm has been done based on the mechanism of “trauma” that you describe,  it is not possible to give you absolute reassurance online.

Given that you feel like the breast feels different ( and that you know your breasts much better than anyone online  can),  you'll be best off seeking consultation with your plastic surgeon. After direct physical examination,  a good diagnosis and treatment plan ( if necessary)  can be provided. Hopefully, you will be provided with reassurance.

Durability of saline breast implants

+1

Breast implants are much more durable than people think. The chances of you causing a implant rupture by jumping on your bed and landing on your chest is incredibly small. Saline implants don't usually leak slowly either. Even pinpoint ruptures tend to show significant size changes in a matter of hours. I would guess that your implants are fine, but only a physical exam can allow you to know for sure. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Slowly Leaking?

+1

It's hard to tell if anything has changed without at least some before and after photos.

"Slow leaks" can happen, but are unusual. Typically, leaks are obvious, and the implant will deflate over a few hours. If there hasn't been a noticeable size change over a few days, a leak is not likely. This long after surgery it is similarly unlikely that there has been a change in position of your implant. 

Your best bet for reassurance is to see your surgeon.

Thanks and best wishes.