Judging from These 6wks Post Op, Will I Need a Revision? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation revision and it's been 6 weeks post op. The left one feels tighter than the right and I am worried I developed capsular contraction. My areola scars are still healing and my doctor says that I am entering the ugly period of scar healing. I think they look so horrible!! I havent been able to show my breasts to my bf and i dont think ill be able to show them at all, if ever again!! Judging from these pics...will I need a revision? scar and/or implant positioning for symmetry??

Areolar Scars at 6 Weeks

+1

6 weeks is early to make a decision on symmetry after breast augmentation.  The scars will continue to improve as well.

Revisionary Breast Surgery Indicated?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Given that you are only 6 weeks out of the procedure, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure. At this stage, some breast asymmetry is more common, than not.   
I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience  and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  He/she is in the best position to precisely evaluate  your progress and to rule out complications that can explain breast asymmetry.  He/she is also the best source of  meaningful reassurance.
 Evaluate the results of surgery 6 months to one year after it was done; hopefully you will be very pleased with the end results of the procedure performed.

Judging from These 6wks Post Op, Will I Need a Revision?

+1

Would be helpful to see the before photos? But it appears as your result looks very good at this stage. 

Concern about revision

+1

I do not see evidence of capsular contracture from the photos.  You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still very early in the healing process and, at this time, there is nothing to lead to me to believe that revision will be required.  Your doctor is absolutely correct that you are entering the inflammatory phase of scar healing.  Continue to followup with him as instructed.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Serious concerns

+1

Thanks for posting your concerns. There's no way to make the determination for revision in such an early part of the healing process. Talk to your surgeon about these concerns and if need be, seek a second opinion before undergoing revision surgery. Hope this helps, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Appearance 6 weeks Post Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

It is still too early to make judgements about the results of your surgery. You are still healing, but things will continue to improve. Based on your photos, it does not appear that you are developing capsular contracture. There are ways to improve the appearance of your areolar scars. Speak with your plastic surgeon about treatments to optimimize the appearance of your scars. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your questions and photos. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD