Should I Get Jowl Liposuction or Buccal Fat Removal to Reduce the Unwanted Fat & Sagging? (photo)

Hi Doctors, I'm an Asian in my mid-30s and have noticed my Chipmunck cheeks (circled in yellow) are getting more visible. Which procedure would help? Buccal Fat Pad removal, Jowl Liposuction or both? I want a more tapered look. I had a consultation yesterday, and the doctor recommended Buccal Fat Removal plus Ulthera. My concern with Buccal Fat Removal is that would it make my upper cheek more flat/hollow? Or should I just get Ulthera? Please advise. Thank you for your help!

Jowl liposuction or buccal fat pad removal?

+1

I think you will benefit from both liposuction and buccal fat removal, judging by the photographs you provided. it looks as if you have a herniated buccal fat pad that is lurking below the subcutaneous fat of your jowl. However, it will make the area you point to on the side-profile photograph more hollow in answer to your question.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.