Getting Jowls, Nasal Labial Folds, Frown Lines. What Should I Do?

I'm getting Jowels, nasial labial folds, and my mouth looks like i'm frowning. Someone suggested ultherapy, but I've read some reviews and not sure that it's the best idea. What do you suggest?

Ultherapy as a non-invasive facial lifting / tightening procedure

+1

Ultherapy can help tighten and lift facial features in some patients better than others. You would need to be examined to see if you're a candidate. Some patients do well with volume enhancement which helps support the sagging features of the face in conjunction with Ultherapy, but we advise that the Ultherapy is done first and then fillers, whether fat injections, Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero, done after Ultherapy.  The fillers can be done the same day and immediately after the Ultherapy, or days, weeks or months later.

Many Options For Jowls and Folds

+1

There are a lot of different options open to you.  Seek the advice of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon whose office focuses on cosmetic therapies.  Nasolabial Lines can easily be handled by fillers, including Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse.  They will last about a year or so when done right and can soften these areas very nicely.  The frown lines are best handled by toxins – Botox or Dysport and soon Xeomin.  These agents "relax" the muscles that are associated with frowning and make you look less angry, less tired, and ready for the tasks ahead.  Jowls can be treated with numerous approaches depending on how much sagging is there – most of us start with a  radiofrequency device – our most popular now are Alma Accent, Pollogen Apollo, and Venus Freeze.  One can also tighten the skin with ultrasound – the Ulthera device does this very nicely and has become a go-to device in many cases.  And in needed cases, liposuction, or laser-assisted liposuction, can be a great treatment to make jowls go away.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Get a consultation

+1

You are describing what almost everyone experiences as they age.  You have a variety of options:  surgical and nonsurgical-too many to list.  It would be best for you to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon as well as dermatologist who specializes in non surgical procedures.  At a consultation, your provider can evaluate your entire medical history, physically assess your areas of concerns and discuss your treatment options.   After you have had your consultations, then you can make an informed decision on which approach is best for you.  Treatments will vary in cost and the amount of downtime related to a particular procedure.  This should be addressed at your consultation.  Good luck!

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist