I Have Just Joined. I Want to Get a BBL in March 2014. I Am Due to Give Birth December 2013. Can I Do It?

+1

Congratulations! First, you will need to have stopped breast feeding before pursuing BBL surgery.  Also you will need to be at a stable weight by your surgery date.  You will be under going several changes as your body goes back to its pre-pregnancy state one of which is losing weight which will effect the outcome of your results.  You will also need to ensure you have someone to assist you and your baby during your recovery period. 

If I am due for delivery in December can I undergo the BBL in March, 2014?

+1

If you are not going to breast feed and you can lose most of the weight within the 3 months between your delivery in December and planned surgical date for the BBL on March 14, 2014, then you may be able to have your surgery on your desired date. Since you are in London I would suggest that about 2 months after delivery you should email photos of your buttocks and possible donor sites including your abdomen, waist snd thighs to get a preliminary idea of your candidacy for the proceduter. You should correspond and consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Since you are having your baby in December, you need to wait till you are finished breast feeding. Also you need to take in consideration that while healing you are taking care of an infant. You will need a lot of help. Wait 3-6 months after stopping breast feeding

+1

If you are able to get to a healthy weight in that 3 month time frame, a Brazilian buttlift can be performed.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA