I had a raised, brown mole removed from my shoulder 3 months ago. It's now pink/red and raised. Is it normal? (Photo)

I do have a history of melanoma and did have a biopsy and wide excision done on the heel of my foot... So I didn't have a spot at the same time removed off of my shoulder which was a bigger brown raised mole ..just wondering if this picture looks normal or abnormal after removal three months later

Assume the spot was biopsied and proved normal

+1
the red area looks like a type of scar referred to as a hypertrophic scar...can be improved by an injection of dilute cortisone or alternatively and more expensively it may be treated with laser...and if it doesn't bother you then you can leave it alone...best

Scar treatment after mole removal

+1
Scars can form after mole removal. We usually use our office's Kare Scar Protocol which includes IIT, laser, and topical therapy with Plato's Medicinals Scar Serum. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Raised red bump after mole removal

+1
It appears that your removal has resulted in a bit of a keloid scar. This more often happens on the shoulders and back. You can consult your physician for an in-person evaluation and possible options to flatten it down.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD