Are my Lipo Results Typical? (photo)

I had lipo almost 3 1/2 months ago on my arms back and stomach. I'm feeling pretty good about my arms and back, but I'm disappointed with the progress of my stomach. My doctor seems to think there's a big difference, but I don't see it. He also said he removed 7 pounds of fat, but my scale shows I've lost 3 pounds. I was hoping for second opinion.

Disappointed with my stomach lipo results

+1

I'm sorry that you are not happy with your abdominal liposuction results but from your photos, it looks like you had a nice improvement!  Liposuction isn't for weight loss (ex: your scale saying you've only lost 3lbs), it's sculpting/contouring and inches that you will lose.  Also, if you were expecting a flat washboard stomach, you may want to lose as much weight as you can comfortably maintain and consult with a board certified plastic surgeon about a TT.  Keep in mind that everyone heals differently.  With that said, you may still be a bit swollen, so try to give it another couple of months and re-evaluate then. ac    

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Improvement with liposuction of the abdomen

+1

It appears that you got a significant improvement with your liposuction.  In general there is 2.2 pounds per liter of fat removed so you might of had about 3.5 liters removed. Even at 3 months you do have some swelling present. Re-evaluate at 6 months and decide if you need additional liposuction. 

Are my Lipo Results Typical?

+1

Appears as you do have an improvement. But 7 pounds of fat better to ask in liters how much fat! Good luck 

Are The Results On My Abdomen Typical For 3-1/2 Months After Liposuction?

+1

Dear Gin,

The pictures you provided indicate to me that you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  I am sure you and your plastic surgeon had a good reason for possibly doing the liposuction first and the tummy tuck second.  If this was your game plan, I would have anticipated a more aggressive liposuction result after 3 months.  On the other hand, if your plan was to do only liposuction for whatever reason, I would also have anticipated a more complete clearing of the fat by this time.  

Everyone's swelling and resolution of that swelling are different.  Therefore, the final results may not be seen yet and the results you showed us may be normal for you.  I would speak to your plastic surgeon about your concerns.  

To aid in the resolution of the swelling, in my practice, I use ultrasound (the kind physical therapists use for sore muscles) to bring blood supply to the area, and therefore hasten the process.  DMSO is a well known substance available at health food stores, and when used as a topical over swollen areas, is the world's best anti-inflammatory.  The use of these two modalities may aid you in your recovery.   

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Are my Lipo Results Typical?

+1

Hello

From looking at the photographs you have supplied, I think you have had a subtle improvement in the abdominal contour.  With lipo alone it is going to be difficult to get rid of all the fat on the abdomen.  If I was treating you I would have asked you to lose some weight and get to your ideal weight and then have and a tummy tuck as this would give you a better result.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal liposuction

+1

Based upon your photos, you do not look like a good candidate for abdominal liposuction that is why you do not see the result you desire.

Liposuction of tummy is disappointing.

+1

You do not look like a good candidate for abdominal liposuction based on your photo.  Trying to get more reduction in mass is likely to cause unusual dimpling.

Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you a complete portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can see what types of results are reasonable to expect.  You are a better candidate for weight loss followed by tummy tuck.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Are my Lipo Results Typical?

+1

I would wait another 2 months as there can be a bit of swelling still present.  At that time, you could make a decision about revision.  The issue in your case as in all liposuction is the aggressiveness with which the liposuction is performed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo Results

+1

I am not sure there is a "typical result". The photos are not really adequate for a fair comparison--the distance to the camera are very different, especially for the frontal views. I do feel that improvement can be seen on the side views, but only a modest amount can be expected given the thickness of the abdominal wall that is apparent. Even if all seven pounds came from the abdomen, I would not expect a huge difference in appearance. 

All the best.