Does Jogging Have Any Negative Impact on the Longevity of Wrinkle Fillers, Specifically Juvederm Ultra Plus?

I recently received a treatment of Juvederm and was curious as to whether or not the exercise of jogging would impact the results. Would the continual pounding cause the skin to "fall"? I am 51 years old and have been running znd cycling for years. Thank you for your response .

Impact of Jogging on Fillers

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting about 24 hrs. before you initiate any vigorous exercise. The longevity of fillers depends on your body's metabolism of the product, their placement, the amount injected, and the product itself. If you have lost weight as a result of your exercise routine, you may lose more collagen in your skin which can thin your face and allow gravity to cause your face to "fall" creating jowls. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for an evaluation and for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Can jogging affect the longevity of facial fillers?

+1

Running or performing any type of exercise should not influence your Juvederm treatment in any way. Was there a specific are of the face you were concerned about? The Juvederm is localized to a specific area and will not move from the effects of gravity. Over a number of years, it is gravity that is partially responsible for the skin sagging causing the signs of aging to appear. This is a separate circumstance, and not related in any way to the longevity of your filler treatments. I hope this helps, and please feel free to ask any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Does Jogging break down Juvederm Ultra Plus faster?

+1

The answer is no. Jogging specifically does not move the product or harm it in any way, but some believe that individuals with higher metabolism may break down filler and Botox faster. This is very subjective so individual results will vary, but the benefits of excercise far out way the concern about the longevity of Juvederm.  So keep up the good work! 

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

This is a very good question.  Fillers become incorporated within the target tissues and as such would not be affected by jogging or exercise.  Further weight loss or loss of facial fat however might make the face appear more gaunt or appeare that the filler has been affected.

Jogging and facial fillers

+1

Jogging in and of itself should not impact the fillers. However, with exercise and weight loss you may notice that your face is thinner and thus you may think that the filler has disappeared.

Effect of exercise on facial fillers

+1

In the big picture exercise on a regular basis will do more to keep you youthful than anything a doctor can do.  That said, it is nice to note that in general exercise does not seem to decrease the length of effects of facial fillers.  There is one exception to this.  Some patients are very thin and hypermetabolic and I personally believe these people tend to break down fillers more quickly than usual.

John Q. Cook, MD

Fillers and exercise

+1

I have found that fillers are not impacted by aerobic/cardiac exercise, although I have had a few body builders/anerobic exercisers who seem to break down fillers faster, likely because they are dramatically straining their faces and breaking down the filler faster. Jogging can make you lose weight, which often shows up in the face first, so it may just seem like a filler breaks down faster in a jogger/exerciser.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Exercising does not affect the outcome of juverderm or any filler. We tell our patients to continue with normal activities.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Juvederm Ultra Plus and other fillers

+1

Juvederm and Juvederm Ultra Plus, like all the other fillers for facial wrinkles are not affected by any type exercise after the first few hours following an injection.  Once a product had been injected you can massage it around more and smooth it out for about one to two hours but after that is has started to be incorporated into our system and will no longer move, so do not be afraid to jog. 

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Exercise and fillers

+1

Nope, you can exercise all you want. I tell patients that doing excessive straining of the neck or lower facial muscles, like with weight lifting and body building, can impact fillers, but jogging, cycling, and regular exercising is perfectly healthy and wonderful to continue doing. If you're doing it outside, make sure you're wearing sunscreen!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD