I Had Juvederm Voluma in my Cheeks Today and See No Results is This Normal?

Juvederm In Cheeks

+2

Although Voluma isn't yet FDA approved in the U.S., I can speak about Juvederm and general filler follow-up. I recommend that patients wait at least 7-10 days after a filler before returning for further treatment or follow-up. Sometimes there is swelling and/or bruising that can affect how the filler works. It takes a minimum of a few days for that to resolve, so don't panic. If you still don't see enough of a result or you have any further concerns, consult your injector about a week out and see what he or she recommends at that point.

Best Voluma Natural Results in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and "The Valley"

+1
Hi Hele,

Voluma (Juvederm) is a revolutionary injectable filler that was just FDA approved for adding volume to the cheeks, lasting up to 2 years after a single injection session.  We have been amazed by the natural and immediate rejuvenation of the cheeks, the under eye tear trough hollow, nasolabial folds, and even cheek lines, jowls, and marionettes in some patients.  The effect of Voluma is immediately seen.  There can be some additional swelling and bruising.

If you do not see the results of your Voluma treatment then either not enough was used, or it was injected in an improper location.  Voluma lasts for up to two years, it is therefore priced higher by the manufacturer (Allergan Inc., Irvine,CA) and costs more than other fillers.  Patients and their Voluma physicians must discuss the amount of Voluma estimated to be needed for best results.  Using too little Voluma is like partially filling a balloon with air; you may not notice it until enough is used.  Our training as Voluma de Maio Master Injection Technique physicians aids our pre-treatment facial analysis and estimate the amount needed for realistic patient expectations.  

Voluma is not a commodity, rather the results are dependent on how it is used by the individual physician on each unique face. The most important aspect of any facial aesthetic treatment is choosing your physician most carefully based on their artistic vision, knowledge of facial anatomy, skill, and experience to insure your best natural cosmetic results in the safest manner.  

See the below web reference and watch the video for more Voluma information.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Web reference: http://www.drpersky.com/voluma-and-sculptrapersky-sunder-facial-plastic-surgery-thoughts/

Patient expectations are important with Juvederm treatments

+1

Some doctors may decide to start with a conservative amount of filler to ensure client satisfaction and gradually build on what they have done. This helps to prevent  clients from having tremendous swelling or a look that is overdone.
It is also difficult to guage clients' expectations. Some people look for subtle improvements and some people would like more noticeable effects. Speak with your doctor about your expectations and I'm sure they can make adjustments.

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Cheeks

+1

There are many reasons why you might not be seeing as much volumizing from the Juvederm as you had hoped.  One is that you may not have had enough put in.  Sometimes finances play a role in that decision.  Better to under inject and go back for more than to feel that you were over injected.  Make sure your injector is well versed in all of the fillers so that you have many options. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.vargasfaceandskin.com/cosmetic-surgery.php#cosmetic-injectable-fillers

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volume fillers are better than wrinkle fillers for cheeks

+1

It is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin, I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse and/or Sculptra. They are injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are much more effective at treating problems due to volume loss. Juvederm is injected into the skin for superficial wrinkles. When it is injected more deeply it will not produce satisfactory results.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

I Had Juvederm Voluma in my Cheeks Today and See No Results is This Normal?  I have performed many cheek augmentations with fillers and Juvederm, IMHO, is too thin for cheek augmentation.  I use perlane or radiesse which are thicker fillers capable of shaping the Cheeks, Chin and Jaw line.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.comt

Cheeck fillers

+1

Depending on how much volume you need or have lost in the cheecks, fat transfer remains your best option, It is the longest lasting, and feels more natural. However you need an expert's advise and analysis to determine where and how much to put to achieve the facial rejuvenation needed.

Cheeks

+1

I usually use Radiesse for cheeks and the patients see the results immediately. In fact they dictate where additional Radiesse is needed at thatvery time

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com