I Had Jevederm Injected 5 Days. The Results Were Hollows Under Eyes & Red Bruised Bag. Help.

bags settled under the hollows. Jevederm was also injected to the lines around my mouth and left me with visible sinks in the middle of my face. I now look like a monster and my wedding in in twe weeks..Please advise me. The dermatologist I went back to would not do anything although I paid her over 1300.00 cash>

Juvederm

+1

With only 2 weeks to go I would seek another opinion.  There are enzymes that can remove the juvederm.  There is also the possibility that the bruising/ swelling will go down & you will be pleased.  Arnica Montana can help with bruising.

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with juvederm injections

+1

The nice thing about any hyaluronic acid such as juvederm or restylane is that you can remove it pretty easily with a product called hyaluronidase. I would seek a second opinion by someone with significant experience in injectables. There is often a test dose require to make sure you are not allergic.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Swelling/Bruising

+1

For any bruising or swelling, it unfortunately just takes time. In order to speed up this natural healing process, I sometimes recommend Bromelain or Pineapple, Arnica (orally and topically), Vitamin K oxide Gel, Caffeine creams. If there is extra filler where you dont want it Vitrase does an amazing job!

Robyn D. Siperstein, MD
Boynton Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruises after Juvederm

+1

Juvederm and any needle based thereapy can cause bruising and swelling.  Wait a few days to see if this goes down.  You can also contact the MD that did the Juvederm injections and ask for any recommendations to decrease the bruising and swelling.

Juvederm problems

+1

This is not the time to look back at what you should have done but to look forward at what you need to do. Go see an experienced injector and have them take a look ASAP. They might decide that dissolving what has been done is the way to go BUT they might be able to work with what you have and modify it to your liking(not the assignment that I myself like to have  but sometimes can do very well). 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm and wedding photo problems

+1

I sympathize with your situation.  You may be able to find someone to utilize a small amount of hyaluronidase to dissolve the injected juvederm.  But make sure they are a VERY experienced injector.  The next time that you proceed with an injectable dermal filler be very cautious of how and with who you proceed.  I routinely allow patient's to use a mirror during our sessions so that after I inject one side they can review immediately what I've accomplished so that they feel confident that the results on the other side will be exactly as they expect.  This prevents there from being any errors in patient satisfaction and expectation. 

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps and hollows after juvederm

+1

I would agree with all those that suggest Vitrase (hyaluronidase) as a solution, as it works within days.  I'm sure it can also be performed on the day of your appointment, so do your best to find an experienced provider as soon as possible.  You will incur a new charge from the new provider, but it's clear that your prior dermatologist either does not carry vitrase or does not have any experience with it, or has lost that important level of trust with you that should put your mind at ease (especially with all the other stress of your planning). 

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sorry, but the lesson is have fillers injected 6 weeks prior to any important life event so if there are issues, like you are having, there is MORE time to address them. 

Wedding photos problems

+1

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.  It is difficult to give specific advice without seeing you, but if you are this unhappy, regardless of your appearance, I agree that injecting hyaluronidase may be your best option.  I realize it stinks to lose the money you paid for your Juvederm but it beats looking at weeding photos the rest of your life that make you unhappy.  Good luck.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

Sorry to hear about your situation.  First of all, I always recommend not having any procedures done in the few weeks preceding an important event.  With that said, you really need to seek the advice and treatment of an experienced injector.  If it was Juvederm that was injected, then you can have Vitrase, an enzyme that breaks down HA products, injected to "melt" the Juvederm.  Please make sure that you are seeing a board certified and qualified injector.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD