Jet Liposuction for BBL?

I would like to know if Im 5'2 132lbs, and would like a brizilian buttlift, would jet lipo be a good way to transfer the fat? Also is smartlipo a good way to remove fat after fat has been removed with jet lipo?

Jet Lipo and Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Many people use jet lipo or water lipo when harvesting fat for a Brazilian butt lift.  The jet lipo uses a small stream of water to loosen fat from the surrounding fibrous tissue prior to actual liposuction.  The harvested fat is then rinsed and prepared for transfer to the buttocks.  Jet lipo has not been proven to be more effective than traditional liposuction when performing a Brazilian butt lift.  Thus, I recommend you choose a surgeon that you are comfortable with and who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, not the technique they will use.

However, SmartLipo must not be performed when the fat harvested will be used for a Brazilian butt lift or other fat transfer.  SmartLipo uses a laser to lyse (i.e. burst and destroy) the fat cells prior to liposuction.  Thus, the fat that is harvested following SmartLipo does not contain many living cells and is not suitable for transfer to another area.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist in Tampa FL

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, FL

Body jet can be used to harvest fat for buttock augmentation

+1

The BodyJet is a device used to harvest and strain the fat before it is re-injected for fat transfer to the buttock. I have used this several times and it can give a good result. I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon familiar with this technology. It's also important to remember that the technique of the injection is as important as the way the fat is harvested.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian butt lift with Jet lipo

+1

Jet liposuction (Water assisted liposuction) is a new liposuction machine designed to simply wash the fat away with a gentle fluid spray. It is considered a newer liposuction technique. There is a study from Germany that showed that such form of liposuction provides a very good fat harvest and the survival of the fat stays very good after being transferred. The key for a successful Brazilian butt augmentation is based on the experience in harvesting the fat, the technique used, and the fat transfer protocol. In addition, there are many lipo machines used to harvest the fat. If planning to harvest fat, it needs to be done with a technology that does not damage the fat during the process. The following are acceptable forms of liposuction machines for a Brazilian butt lift:

1. Standard suction-assisted liposuction

2. Power-assisted liposuction in low power mode

3. Body jet (water-assisted lipo

4. Tickle lipo (similar to power-assisted lipo)

There are no benefits of using either of these machines. Everything is determined by the surgeon’s experience and preference.

Unacceptable liposuction machines for a Brazilian butt lift:

1. Laser-assisted lipo (Smart lipo, Slim lipo)

2. Ultrasonic-assisted lipo (Vaser, Lysonic)

These lipo machines will damage the fat making, thus compromising the final results of the Brazilian butt augmentation.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Jet Liposuction for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I have used the 'Body Jet' machine and  do not feel it offers any appreciable benefit over standard tumescent liposuction. They keys to successful fat grafting are reduced suction pressure during the harvesting and a specific technique to inject the fat in small 'packets' at differing levels throughout the buttock. The 'Body Jet' use water so superhydrate the fat being suctioned, but tumescing the fat does a better and more efficient job. Ultimately it is the skill of the surgeon and not the specific technology  being used that will make a difference. If your skin is loose, adding the laser  can allow for more post operative skin tightening but I have not found it useful for the majority of my patients. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Jet Lipo for the Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Jet lipo is an option, but I agree with prior comments, I don't believe that there is any benefit.   I have been performing the Brazilian Butt Lift for about 14 years now and think the standard tumescent liposuction technique is the best way to go.       For you...... But the best way for you to get the best result is to find a surgeon who routinely produces what you think are great results! Check out their before and afters.    Whatever technique/machine he/she uses obviously works for them.  

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian butt lift and jet liposuction

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction and fat injection. The results in the buttocks are dependent on the injected fat cells surviving. Conventional liposuction is the best procedure to use when harvesting the fat cells because it does the least amount of damage to the fat cells. Jet, laser or ultrasound liposuction will damage the fat cells and cause a higher percentage of fat cell loss in the buttocks compromising result of the fat injection.

In the best case scenario 65 to 70% of the fat cells injected will survive. This demands the difficult task of not sitting or laying on the buttocks for 10 days after surgery. Pressure on the buttocks will kill the fat cells and decrease take.

The jet liposuction is probably not a good idea for fat injection.

Wendell Perry, MD

Lipo technique for BBL - Brazilian Buttock Lift

+1

Dear hopeforme,

The type of machinery used for liposuction to harvest fat for the buttock augmentation procedure generally differs from physician to physician.  The Jet liposuction machine does not offer any appreciable benefits as far as I am concerned, however that does not mean it cannot be used with good results. More important than the type of machine is choosing a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the procedure you are interested in and can demonstrate these results with before and after photos.  As far as using smart lipo in addition to jet lipo, this should not be necessary but again will be up to the individual physician.

good luck,  Dr. Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD