Is There a Possibility of Double Bubble in my Situation? What Can I Expect for a Result? (photo)

I added a picture this time to my question. It is an old scar from an implant being exposed. I have a date and seen my surgeon. He is award winning in reconstruction and is highly rec. locally. He said they would look better with implants. But I am pretty unclear on what I will see when I wake up.

Double Bubble

+2

Thanks for the picture. You should have a nice improvement.  You may have some lack of volume in the area of the scar but your surgeon should have a plan to manage that now or down the road. My concern is that you are unclear as to what to expect.  You should revisit with this surgeon to clear up your questions and expectations prior to surgery.

Best Wishes.

Dr. ES

Scarred breasts and potential for double bubbles

+2

do exist in your situation due to your short distance from your nipple to your fold.  But as your surgeon said, it will probably still look better with implants.  If you don't want to go that large, consider fat grafting instead to simply fill out the wrinkles.

Curtis Wong, MD

Double bubble

+2

Hi,  Your case is not complex.  I see some interesting suggestions but to me, the KISS principle is appropriate.  If you want your nipple complexes equal, then you need the right areola complex elevated to match the left areola.  This might require a cresent or periareolar lift.  Implants placed....creases matched.....any constrictions released at the same time and presto, you should be quite happy.  This is all with the understanding that your case is not more complex in person but ....it is not !  Good luck.  Find a good ps that does a great amount of breast surgery and you will find that your case is like many that we see. 

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

A double bubble is a rare results of breast augmentation.

+2

I agree that you will look quite good after breast augmentation. Your previous difficulties do not expose you do increase risk for double bubble which should be rare in any event.

Is There a Possibility of Double Bubble in my Situation? What Can I Expect for a Result?

+2

A double bubble is always a possibility, and the constricting scar can be a cause, but the constriction will certainly be addressed by your surgeon. Hopefully when you awaken you will see what you saw when the first implants were inserted. I generally prefer to use a different insertion site if the areola was used before--the breast fold. 

All the best. 

No problem with a breast augmentation

+1

You should do fine with a standard smooth round implant and your previous scar should not effect the result.  You may even want to consider using the new anatomic textured tear drop shaped implant such as the Allergan Style 410.  This may help to push out the lower pole of your breast.  

+1

You need an expert in composite augmentation (Implant + Fat grafting). And you might need 2 operations! 

Double Bubble ,

+1

Doubble bubble    is    a  condition   based   on   constricted  rings  around  the breast    tissue   and  surgeons   has  tenhics   to break     those   rings  of   course   there  is    always  a   risk   that      they   be  present years   after  treatment ,       i t  would  be nice  to know   how long     has    you waited     for   this new   surgery ,  and  of    course    you are not   candidate  of   prepectoral  implants  ,  the  most  secure  ot   avoid     posibilty  of  extrusion    is   location  behind   muscle

Cynthia Disla, MD

Scar and risk of double bubble

+1

With implant removal the skin redrapes in the lower pole as it wants to to speak. Placing new implants should be able to correct your problem, but it may require a second procedure.  Hard to say for sure.  Good luck.

Breast Implant - double bubble still a risk after previous complication?

+1

You have a very interesting problem.  I agree that your breasts will look better with implants and may well correct some of the constriction under your right nipple/areola.  After you implants have molded your breast shape,  a breast lift may still be needed in the future or at the time of augmentation.  Best Wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD