Can I have radiesse injection 6 months post rhinoplasty?

I'm 26, female. I have had a closed rhinoplasty 6 months ago. At months 2-5 post rhinoplasty i absolutely loved the results. The swelling that lasted gave the nose a nice volume. After the 5'th month most of the swelling had subsided and my nose is too narrow to my liking. 2 questions: 1. Is radiesse injection helpful for this case? Can it provide the volume that the swelling had given to the sides of the bridge and to the tip? 2. Can i have radiesse injection 6 months post rhinoplasty?

Filler after rhinoplasty

+2
At 6 months after rhinoplasty it is appropriate to use filler to augment areas to recreate the appearance you liked when it was still swollen.  There are limits to what you can do with an injection; in general, fillers work best to contour the nasal dorsum.   As you may have been told, you are likely to see further change in your nose as swelling continues to go down, which some would argue is a reason to start with a temporary filler.  Radiesse, like hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers (i.e. restylane and juvederm), is temporary but in contrast to radiesse the  HA fillers can be dissolved.  If you are starting at this point with an injectable filler I would recommend something that is more easily reversed such as an HA filler.  Depending on how the nose looks as swelling continues to subside, and how effective the fillers are in making the desired correction, you can ultimately use a permanent filling material to obtain similar results.

East Brunswick Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse treatment 6 months after rhinoplasty.

+2
I like the non surgical rhinoplasty with fillers like Radiesse as I have been able to use it on patients who absolutely don't want the surgery, but I don't like the idea that loss of volume in the nose should be considered an expected result of any rhinoplasty. The post rhinoplasty changes could happen  as long as two years after the procedure. A perfect result may not look so perfect after the swelling has totally subsided and the scars in the nose have matured. The art of rhinoplasty is to expect these changes and compensate for them. I see some misleading after pictures on some websites where it looks like the splint was just removed and the picture taken. Knowing that your nose could still change is important because you may not want to mask these changes till they are complete. If the narrowing that you notice is excessive, I would use a filler that is reversible and a bit shorter acting like Restylane temporarily while you are waiting to observe the changes leading to your permanent results.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Depending on your examination, volume may be replaced, non-surgically, after rhinoplasty surgery.

+2
In our practice we prefer to replace nasal volume lost from prior rhinoplasty surgery with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. Feel free to re ask your question with a photo and another description of your concerns.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse injection to the nose

+2
Its always best not to use injectables in the nose. However, if you have to then use a hyaluronic acid such as Restylane and only in conservative amounts. At six months you can get the injection done. 
Regards
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2
In general, after 6 months post op Radiesse can be used if needed.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for an exam and to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

A good exam would be most useful to determine what is needed...

+1
After rhinoplasty, the nose will change significantly over the first year. Injections can be done at six months, but typically this is done for small areas of irregularity. Radiesse can be used, but Silicone can give a permanent result, and a little bit can be used at a time to give the best shape possible without problems. If the nose seems too thin, it is important to let your surgeon know about your concerns so he or she can monitor the state of the cartilage internally and ensure that proper support is still present.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse can be injected six months after rhinoplasty.

+1
A photograph would be useful but often times fillers can be used to adjust the results of a rhinoplasty. Six months is adequate