I want opinions on my rhinoplasty results. Is it impossible for those with thick skin to get a smaller, thinner nose? (Photo)
Jersey City, NJ
1 year ago
its been 9 weeks since my surgery and i'm not happy with my results. i asked for a thinner nose, a smaller tip, and smaller nostrils but 9 weeks later i still have a chubby nose. The biggest difference are my nostrils which are smaller, the rest of my nose isn't, and has very little difference. Will my nose get any thinner? its been over 2 months. The doctor did mention something about having thick skin. is it impossible for those with thick skin to achieve a smaller and thinner nose?
Doctor Answers 2
Rhinoplasty at 9 weeks
It can be difficult to refine a thick skinned nose. However, your nose will likely change as the swelling subsides. This can take a year...or more.
9 weeks after rhinoplasty healing
- It is still very early in your healing period, especially for the tip
- The tip starts to become more defined after 3 months and will continue for the next several years
- At the 6 month mark, you will have a pretty good idea of what the nose will look like
- Having thicker skin will also prolong the healing stage
- See your surgeon, you may want to consider steroid injections to bring the swelling down further
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.