I had Botox and Juvaderm Ultra injected and I'm very unsatisfied. Why would a dr refuse to put a full syringe in my lips?(Photo)

should I go to a diff dr or tell him how unsatisfied I am and demand he fill my lips and if so should I pay him more? I got about1 2/3 syringes in my face but when it came to my lips all he did was fix the asymmetry he wouldn't add any to the outer corners I begged and he said I would have to come back there was some left and he refused to put in my lips or save it. I showed him pics of lips that were the shape I wanted he said I shouldn't worry about what others look like Is this normal?

Fuller please!

+3
If a patient wants a doctor to create a look that the doctor feels would look unnatural, it can create a very difficult dynamic. Your lips look terrific after the #Juvederm Ultra you had, but if you are unhappy I would first return to him and see if you can get on the same page. Think very carefully about whether you truly want lips that everyone will know are not all your own. What do some of your friends or relatives think?

Not enough Juvederm in lips?

+2
I think that your doctor probably thought that more filler might make you look odd and tried to use their aesthetic judgement. Of course everyone does not have same wants and needs so you should just go back and discuss what you would like and get your doctors opinion. JO h

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm to the lips

+1
Your doctor most likely thought adding more volume to your lips would throw off facial balance or make your lips appear "done".  Its difficult to tell from a photograph, but speak with your doctor to understand his recommendation.  Filler can always be added to the lips but you need to look at your lips in the context of the rest of your face to see what looks best.  Sometimes when someone seeks larger lips, also adding volume to another area of the face provides the balance and symmetry needed to create a beautiful result.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Talk to your doctor

+1
I think your doctor was worried about over-injecting your lips and chose to take a "less is more" approach. It's important to keep in mind that it is much harder to undo the results of an injection than it is to inject more during your next treatment. However, if the results are not what you had hoped for, it is definitely worth talking to your physician about it and together coming to a mutual understanding of what you are trying to achieve. Open and honest communication between patients and physicians is crucial in ensuring your goals are met. 

Mark Petroff, MD
Lake Oswego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had Botox and Juvaderm Ultra injected and I'm very unsatisfied. Why would a dr refuse to put a full syringe in my lips?

+1
Your lips look great, I think he was going more for a conservative look for you, but if you’re unhappy I suggest consulting with your provider and being clear on the result you wish for 

Lip filler

+1
If your physician, in his best clinical judgment, felt that your lips would look odd with too much filler, then what he did, holding the remaining 1/3 of the syringe in reserve, was the appropriate thing to do.  What if he overinjected you and then you were dissatisfied?  Filler can enhance your lips but can't turn them into someone else's.  I agree that the overfilled look is not what patients desire now.  You should try to be the best you, and not anyone else.  Best wishes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Juvederm to the lips

+1
Injecting Juvederm into the lips needs to be done in an aesthetic fashion, sausage lips are out.  I generally inject a small amount along the white roll of the lips then have the patient look at in in the mirror.  If she desires more then it can be done.  Most plastic surgeons will strive to meet your expectations.  

+1
WOW! Sounds like you are not understanding the "risks" of over treatment. How can you fault the injecting doc for being careful? All you have to do is return for the left over amounts!!!! I do the same thing. Always best to do a series of injections so as not to over treat areas... You need either a reality check or a better explanation from your injecting doc or both... 

Juvederm and Unhappiness

+1
If you are unhappy with your results speak to your injecting physician.  I tend to think if a doctor will not over inject, he/she is likely thinking of your best interest and using their aesthetic judgement.  But you will have to speak to them and find out their intentions.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip and fillers

+1
I can't really comment on what he said she said but I will say that if you are not satisfied with your injector then find someone else who will satisfy your requests. Best of luck.