Will a Slightly Stuffy Nose Delay Breast Augmentation Surgery?

I'm scheduled to have my breast augmentation surgery in two days and I have developed a minor head cold. I do not have any chest congestion, but at night, I have a stuffy nose in only one nostril. Will I still be able to have surgery or will it have to be rescheduled? Thanks for your help!

Got a cold?

+1

The final determination must be made by your surgeon and you should notify him or her immediately.  To me, it sounds pretty mild and if you don't have a fever, it should be okay to proceed.  But every surgeon has their own recommendation, so notify your surgeon ASAP.

A slight amount of nasal congestion is not a contraindication to breast augmentation.

+1

Elective surgery should be postponed if the overall health of the patient is compromised. A small amount of nasal congestion in and by itself is not a contraindication to a breast augmentation. If it is suspected to be a prodrome to a more serious medical problem the surgery would be rescheduled.

Cold before breast augment

+1
You could have a minor cold which will resolve in the next day or two, or it could progress into something more uncomfortable. Call your plastic surgeon to advise him of the situation. It will be his decision, in conjunction with the anesthesiologist, as to whether to proceed or reschedule.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Stuffy nose and breast augmentation

+1

It is a call that should be made by your surgeon. Give him a call to discuss the issues your surgery may have to be delayed.

URI

+1

This would be a surgery day decision.  You may be symptom free in 2 days or things may progress.  I would wait to see how you feel on the day of surgery.

I would call your surgeon and let him know of your issues.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Head Cold and Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

You may be totally symptom free by the date of your surgery.  You should call the doctor's office to determine what their policy is on this.