I Hate How my Nose Looks Now As I Got Older. It Seemed to Have Grown? (photo)

Has a slight bump. My nostrils are too big and I can't smile in photos as it looks too wide . It has a bulb in the middle and it's long when viewing from the side profile. I would like a thin very small nose with smaller shaped nostrils. Is this possible ?

I Hate How my Nose Looks Now As I Got Older. It Seemed to Have Grown?

+2

I think that tip refinement and elevation along with dorsal refinement would produce an improvement with alarplasty to reduce nostril size.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nose

+2

The nose changes throughout our life.  The concerns you have can be treated well with a rhinoplasty.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+2

You have the typical ethnic middle eastern nose. And YES! a full rhinoplasty would improve the appearance.//

Rhinoplasty questions

+2

It is quite possible to refine your nose and make the nostrils smaller. Best to come in for an exam to be properly evaluated. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip reduction, bump removal and nostril reduction

+2

The goals of rhinoplasty include bulbous tip reduction, shaving the nasal bump off the bridge line, narrowing the sidewalls of the nose with osteotomies and nostril reduction with  an alar plasty. Please see the link below for examples of noses similar to your own

Nose Growing With Age

+2

1.  Has my nose grown as it has aged?

Noses do not actually "grow" as they age.  The skin, cartilage, and soft tissues lose elasticity and therefore lose support.  As the nose continues to age it will look less supported and thereby longer.  

2. Can I have a thin, small nose?

It is not possible to tell based on photographs.  Creating a small, thin nose (if appropriate for a face) is based on a multitude of issues including the underlying cartilaginous support and the soft tissue of the overlying nose.  Seek consultation with a nasal expert to better align your goals with a realistic outcome.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty suggestions

+2

It is difficult to say without seeing the side view. I believe that your tip can certainly be made smaller and more delicate. I can't tell about the quality of your skin, which looks like it might not shrink real well. This would limit how small your nose could be made overall. Also, be careful of how "small" you want your nose. You have very attractive strong features in your cheeks and jaw line. A real small nose probably won't look good. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD