Doctor Said I Should Wear Jeans and My Compression Garment for at Least 3 Months?

After having liposculpture on my flanks, back and a butt enhancement, 2wks ago. my dr said I should wear jeans and my compression garment for at least 3 months, is this correct?

Compression Garments after Liposuction

+1

Compression garments are typically recommended for 4 to 6 weeks after liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Compression Garment for 3 Months

+1

You should follow the recommendations of your physician. With those areas, results are maximized when you compress the area to help drainage and re-tightening of the skin. 

Liposculpture and wearing compression garment

+1

I agree with your doctor that wearing a compression garment post liposculpture will be beneficial.  It will help reduce swelling and help improve your final shape.  I have my patients wear the garment for at least 6 weeks but many wear it for 3 months and see further improvement in the second six weeks.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment

+1

Wearing the compression garment for  3 months is correct. The longer you wear the garment the better the result you will have. You will see the final result after six months.

Compression garment after liposculpture

+1

Your doctor is very right.I also like my patients to use compression garments for 3 months to end into a uniform surface finally.Otherwise there is a good chance that the outer skin surface may be irregular and nodular at places.

Professor Dr.Ashok Govila , Dubai

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/Liposculpture Compression Garment usage

+1

Liposuction/Liposculpture Compression Garment Use -

All liposuction patients, especially those having it around their torso, need to wear compression garments after surgery. For the first three weeks, you should wear a medical compression garment 24/7. After this it depends on the skin elasticity you have, the amount of skin redundancy, and amount of fat removed. Only your surgeon will be able to best inform you how long you should wear your compression garments. For the majority of my patients it is for 6 weeks. They may be uncomfortable, but they aid the healing process and reduce swelling. You can probably switch to a lighter compression garment like Spanx after six weeks.