Can Nipples Be Caved in After Under Muscle Implant Revoval?

Hi, I have 450cc silicone implants placed under the muscle since 2008. Upon my explant, is it possible that my nipples may be affected or caved in? I am really scared! The incision will be under the breast (crease).

Muscle Implant Revoval

+2

The things that can happen after implant removal can be unpredictable  Retraction of the nipples is one possible sequellae, but it is considerably less likely with incision in the fold. It is best to discuss all the possibilities with your surgeon, and this is part of evaluating the risks and benefits of this or any surgery.

Thank you for your question, best wishes. 

Nipple/Areola Cave In after Removal of Breast Implants?

+2

Yes, depending on a patient's specific anatomy, skin elasticity, size of  breast implants… It is possible that the nipple/areola complexes may “cave in” after removal of breast implants. Your plastic surgeon will be in a much better position to advise you about the likelihood of this occurrence in your case.

Explant

+1

It is impossible to predict what could happen after explantation. There is a high likelihood that there may be some concavity behind your nipples once the implants are removed.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS