Jawline Reduction? (photo)

I'm only 20 and due to my recent attempts to loose that tiny double chin by doing facial exercises I have caused my jawline muscles to enlarge. It probably doesn't look as bad to other people but I can see the lower part of my face getting bigger. Please recommend if I should get a jawline slimming botox or liposuction to get my oval shape back?

Jawline Reduction

+3

I would not touch anything...you are too young and over time the muscles will relax that you have worked out......Dr. Boxrud 

Santa Monica Oculoplastic Surgeon

Improving lower face aesthetics

+2

I would not recommend pursuing liposuction based on your frontal photo.  You do not have a significant amount of submental fat to remove.  Botox for masseter reduction may slim the lower third of your face, depending on how much of the bulk is from your muscle.  It would give you more of a heart-shaped rather than square or oval-shaped face. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Jawline reduction

+2

Botox can be done, but since you aren't doing the facial exercises anymore, the muscles will relax on their own over time. So really, I'd say, leave it alone.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox for Jawline

+1

From your picture and what you are describing, it seems that you may be an excellent candidate to have Botox injections to your masseter muscles to create a nice heart shape. I would recommend visiting an expert facial plastic surgeon for the best care.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox to the masseter muscles

+1

Based on what kind of reduction you are looking for, you can have Botox injected into your masseter muscles. Be sure to consult with a reputable and well trained injector for the best outcome.

Sam Naficy, MD

Masseteric botox

+1

injections are easy and will reduce the width of you jaw.

From you photo you do not have excess fat in the chin or jowl so I would not advocate lipo.

Kind regards

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction does great for jowls, jawlines and necks.

+1

It is so easy to undergo liposuction of the jowls, jawline and neck under local with minimal downtime and you can drive yourself home. There is almost no bruising with the special foam pads/compression we use and very affordable at only $2500-3000 on special. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon