Jawline/Chin Implant or Radiesse on Male with a Weak Jawline? (photo)

Hi! I'm a 24-year-old male and while I'm pretty confident with my appearance, my weak jawline has always bothered me. I have a very narrow bottom portion to my face, and I think some kind of implant would greatly improve my looks. In addition to my weak jaw, I have chubby cheeks I'd like to bring in some, if possible. How much would a procedure(s) like this cost, and what are the risks? I've attached a (poor) Photoshop image to generalize what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Jawline/Chin Implant or Radiesse on Male with a Weak Jawline?

+1

A chin implant possibly extended with or without Radiesse are all commonly employed measures to achieve the goals you are seeking.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Jawline Enhancement Options for Weal Jawline

+1

Without a side view, it is not possible to comment on your chin. What you are demonstrating from the front view is jaw angle augmentation which is a separate consideration from that of the chin. Often chin and jaw angle augmentation are done together but not always. You would need to submit some side view pictures to determine what your exact jawline needs are.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implant to give better jawline definition

+1

Chin implants do come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can even be custom carved when needed for certain features. Some patients need lateral with, while some patients need more frontal projection to the chin.  At time of examination consultation with your surgeon size and shape will be determined. Virtual plastic surgery software is available on our website to give yourself a new chin. It's best to use this software  with a picture from your side profile.

Jawline And Chin Implants To Improve Contours

+1

Men with tapered lower faces usually have narrow lower jaws and chins. There may also be less chin projection than desired. Silicone mandibular angle implants can create a wider lower jaw which looks more masculine and strong.  A chin implant will also widen the chin area and can increase the projection for a longer neck line wit better jaw definition. Together these procedures provide permanent improvements in all areas without the need to return for repeated filler injections.

Kevin L. McBride, DDS
Dallas Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

+1

I'd need to see a profile view but it does appear that the chin is weak and the jawline angle is a bit weak.  Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant and Radiesse injected into the mandibular angle would resolve these issues amking the face more angular and ruggedly handsome.  Hope this helps.

Options for Chin & Jaw

+1

Based on your pictures, lateral mandibular angle implants should be considered, along with filler injections along the jaw line. A chin implant with lateral extensions may also help.

A full in-person evaluation would be a good place to start.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS