How to Fix Jawline from Botox Bruxing Treatment?

I recently (9 days ago) had my bruxing treated with Botox in my masseter muscle. The grinding is less severe now but my jawline (which wasn't strong to begin with) is disappearing.

I know you can't undo Botox but is there something that can be done for my jawline until it wears off? I have heard you can use fillers. Would it be a waste of time to see someone about this?

Recommend University based TMJ specialist

+2

Muscle atrophy from this treatment is expected and may be a little more visible over the next week or two. This should stablize and eventually as the BOTOX wears off, the muscle volume will recover. BOTOX is not the only treatment for Bruxism. While many dentists are involved in the treatment of this condition, it is sometimes helpful to actually see a University based specialist. You will find these experts at University based Dental Schools. To find this type of individual, look up the Schools of Dentistry near you. A call to the school will allow you to identify their Dental specialist who focuses on TMJ issues. This is the person you should see.

Botox bruxism

+1

You can try Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus, both are hyaluronic acids and if the correction is unsatisfactory, they can be reduced by the injection of hyaluronidase.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fillers would help

+1

Next time, have them titrate the Botox over several treatments to avoid the over-treatment you are describing, but in the meantime, Radiesse would be my first choice. Certainly any dermal filler will help refine that jawline. Consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Treating side effect of bruxism management with Botox: masseteric atrophy

+1

Certainly you could use fillers to improve the contours of your jawline. IF you can retrain your jaw muscle to avoid grinding, this may be a great short term option. If this remains a longterm option, you should seek more definitive correction if you find this facial feature to be distrubing. In my opinion, I would avoid any long term solution until you know the outcome of your bruxism management.

Jawline loss after Botox

+1

Botox is a great product ot use for bruxism. It is unusual to see muscle atrophy from just a single treatment. I would consider not doing anything at this point.