Jaw Surgery 1 Year After Accutane

I had a course of accutane which ended a year ago(may2012). The treatment lasted for a year, I took 30mg a day for 6 months and then slowly decreased the dosage until I got to 10mg once a week. I need to have jaw surgery and I am concerned about the healing of the bones after the surgery, as I know accutane affects the healing of the tissues - I still have scars from my treatment. I will take my wisdom teeth out soon - will that give my orthodontist/surgeon an idea of how fast the bone heals?

Jaw surgery one year after Accutane

+2

You are fine to proceed with your planned surgery. It's been a year, and at that point anyway you were on an extremely low dosage.