Would Jaw Surgery Help with a Pointy Chin and Make Smile Wider?

I have a witch profile. Would jaw surgery balance it out, or something else. Would Invisalign help?

First evaluate your occlusion prior to jaw surgery.

+2

In regards to jaw surgery, you should first evaluate your occlusion. If you have a larger jaw, you could benefit from a mandibular setback in comnination with soft tissue surgery to correct the pointed chin. If your occlusion is satisfactory, surgery on the skin and fat of the chin alone may be satisfactory to correct the problem.

Jaw surgery

+1

Your facial skeleton is unbalanced.  NOTHING done on the skin or other soft tissue of your face will help as much as correcting your skeletal balance.  Get thee to an orthognathic surgeon.  The procedures they do are amazing and should be worth the expense and the recovery in the long run.  I think anything else will only leave you disappointed. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.