Jaw Surgery or Jaw Implant (Plus Rhinoplasty)?

I'm in the process of doing research for cosmetic surgery to improve my nose and chin. For my nose, I'd like to remove the bump seen in my profile and refine the bulbous tip. For my chin, I was considering an implant but am now also considering surgery to realign my jaw. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Rhinoplasty with chin implant or jaw surgery

+2

Surgical realignment of the jaw should occur when the teeth are ill-fitting and there is a significant amount of discrepancy between the upper and lower bite. A simple chin implant can be performed at the time of a rhinoplasty and it is done frequently in our practice. Any jaw surgery cannot be performed at the same time as a rhinoplasty. The jaw surgery is usually performed in the hospital and most of the time requires an overnight stay.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty and chin implant vs. jaw surgery.

+2

Your goals are good and you need to discuss with your experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whether or not you need jaw vs. implant surgery. If you have a malocclusion of your teeth jaw surgery may be better. If the chin is only receded then an implant is far less costly and painful.

Jaw, chin and rhinoplasty

+1

Certainly jaw, chin and nose surgery can be accomplished in one surgical setting. However, whether you need all 3 procedures is  a diffierent matter.

Facial analysis before cosmetic surgery

+1

You really need to be evaluated face to face and have a facial analysis of sorts to see what your best options are. Without even a photo your question cannot be answered.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.