Jaw Implants for More Masculine Look?

I've gone my entire life with a very long and narrow face. I consider myself a somewhat attractive guy and would like to look better. I know that jaw lines are usually the most attractive feature on a guy and I want to know if this will help me and how I would look afterwards. Also, if I don't like it, is it correctable?

Jaw implants can create a more masculine look

+3
If you don't like the implants the options include putting smaller ones in or taking them out totally.  To make them bigger you can put a bigger implant in or you can fat graft certain parts of the jaw or inject fillers. I would stay away from permanent fillers in my opinion because they can cause problems.  Fillers like restylane, perlane, juvederm, radiesse are okay for this situation.  I included a video for jaw implantation / jaw implants / jaw augmentation below. I have also other videos on chin implants and other videos on facial plastic procedures if you are interested in watching and learning more about these facial plastic procedures.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Implants for more masculine jawline

+2

A jaw implant is used to widen the angle of the jawline to give more facial balance. It is excellent for a long narrow face and gives more width to the jawline and facial structures. If you do not like the mandibular implants, they can also be removed. It is important that you wait at least a couple months to make sure that indeed you do not like them and you can proceed with removal. They are inserted and removed through the intraoral approach.

Sculptra to Masculinize the Jaw Line

+2

Hi Swirvi,

I agree that you appear to be a somewhat attractive guy. It doesn't hurt to strive to look your best. You have likely grown your beard to masculize your jaw line, but it is difficult to answer your question based on your bearded photo.

You are correct in your observation about jaw line contours being an important feature in the masculine appearance. Depending on what your anatomy is, an appropiate filler can be used to help you achieve your cosmetic goals. Currently I prefer Sculptra to naturally stimulate volume to contour men's jaw lines. Surgical jaw implants are an option, but I prefer the non-surgical route if equal or better natural results can be obtained.

It is most important for you to choose a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who shares your sense of aesthetics, proportion, and beauty.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Non-surgical and reversible jaw line enahncement or augmentation for a more masculine look

+1

The use of Perlane can achieve deep tissue augmentation that is correctable by the off label use of hyaluronidase. You may want to try this as an initial and realtively low risk method to assess the appearance of a fuller jawline.

Facial implants are a good option, but also consider fillers

+1

Hi there-

In other patients like yourself, we have achieved excellent, long lasting results using fillers (Radiesse) to augment the desired areas of the face.

The result is immediately seen, it is much less expensive, and does not require surgery. The risks are therefore very low, and this option will not put you at risk of long term bone resorption (seen with implants). The downside is that you will need to have the procedure repeated every two years or so- but many see this as an advantage, as if you ever tire of the look, you simply let it wear off- something you cannot do with an implant.

The implants do work well, I just think most men would prefer the simpler option I describe.

In either case, find a surgeon you like and trust and review options with them.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Choosing jaw implants

+1

It is hard to tell from this photo whether or nor you would benefit from jaw implants. You can currently get the implants in slightly different shapes and sizes so you can to some degree pick the look that you want. The doctor should have samples available in his/her office that you can put on top of the skin. You can then view the simulated look in a mirror and decide what you want to do.

After any plastic surgery especially after skin removal or placement of implants you cannot really reverse the process or go back exactly to where you were before the surgery. We cannot rewind time.

Aaron Stone, MD

Chin implants can make you look more proportional and therefore, better.

+1

It is difficult to tell which type of implant would be best for you since ther is no profile picture as well. See an experienced surgeon who should discuss the pros and cons of different types of implants and YOUR goals.