Jaw implants anesthesia?

I have silicone jaw implants not secured with screws, one implant has shifted so i plan of having them fixed with screws to the bone. My doctor tells me that screwing the implants to the bone is painful therefore the anesthesia should be general . My doctor used sedation for the placement of jaw implants without screws but tells me that in the case of screwing the jaw implants to the bone general anesthesia should be used Is that so?

Jaw implant anesthesia

+1

For patient safety and comfort we recommend general anesthesia when putting in jaw implants. The surgery will simply be too uncomfortable and patient's will have conscious awareness of the procedure

Chin implant

+1

The entire jaw can be numbed and therefore, the screws can be put in without general anesthesia.

David Alessi, MD