Jaw Implant, Chin Implant or Both... Along with Rhinoplasty?

I am an 18 year old male with a very weak jawline +large hump on my nose. I have always wanted to get rhinoplasty done since i was 15 and now i believe i can have that chance before I start college.However when i started to research the topic i came across chin implants and jaw implants and thought i might look exceptionally better with them.From my pictures what would you reccommend? Also if i were to have all the procedures in your practice what would you charge(optional). Thanks in advance!

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+4

From the picture you provided I would recommend a chin augmentation with a silicone implant and a rhinoplasty. Both procedures can be performed simultaneously and will improve your facial harmony. From El Paso.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Jaw Chin Implants with Rhinoplasty

+1

I think that it really depends on what you look like from the front and sides. Jaw implants will make your lower third wider and in turn a more masculine look. From your side picture it looks like you could benefit from a chin implant. I would need to see a front view to be able to tell you more about a jaw implant.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1
From the image that you provided one can appreciate the hump on the nose and the desire for a corrective rhinoplasty. I believe that a chin implant would best complement your face as in would provide better harmony between the middle and lower 1/3’s of the face (a straight view photograph would help to determine mandibular implants). Your timing is excellent with the fresh start that college provides. The last piece of advice I can offer is that you will need, and should expect, to undergo a complete facial analysis, functional nasal analysis (how well you breathe through your nose and why you may not be) and dental analysis. Each of these components is reviewed during a comprehensive consultation.

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

A Chim implant and rhinoplasty would give you a great new look

+1

The time between high school and college  is a good time for you to under go a rhinoplasty and a chin implant. 

From your profile photo it looks like you are a really good candidate for both of these procedures.  It would be good to get an analysis of your bite (occlusion) to make sure you would not be a candidate for jaw surgery. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Chin implant can definitely help with rhinoplasty

+1

Hi btbreb,

Your photo suggests that a chin augmentation procedure, either with an implant or with a sliding genioplasty, would definitely help the appearance of your nose.  This adds little risk, but can offer substantial improvement in your appearance.  The charge for both procedures is likely $6000 to $12,000.

Good Luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon