Jaw Implant, Chin Implant or Both... Along with Rhinoplasty?

I am an 18 year old male with a very weak jawline +large hump on my nose. I have always wanted to get rhinoplasty done since i was 15 and now i believe i can have that chance before I start college.However when i started to research the topic i came across chin implants and jaw implants and thought i might look exceptionally better with them.From my pictures what would you reccommend? Also if i were to have all the procedures in your practice what would you charge(optional). Thanks in advance!

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+4

From the picture you provided I would recommend a chin augmentation with a silicone implant and a rhinoplasty. Both procedures can be performed simultaneously and will improve your facial harmony. From El Paso.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant with rhinoplasty

+2

With regards to the rhinoplasty, it is important to have a chin that is well balanced with the nose. If the chin is out of balance, the nose will still look too prominent even after a patient has rhinoplasty. With regards to the rhinoplasty, hump removal reduction with the tip and the bridge can all be performed through an endonasal approach. The cost for a rhinoplasty is approximately $6000. The chin implant is placed through a submental incision and is placed directly over the bone and gives more projection to the chin making the nose look less prominent. The cost on a chin implant is approximately $2500 and this can be done as a combination procedure with the nose or as stand alone procedure under local anesthesia.  

Jaw Chin Implants with Rhinoplasty

+1

I think that it really depends on what you look like from the front and sides. Jaw implants will make your lower third wider and in turn a more masculine look. From your side picture it looks like you could benefit from a chin implant. I would need to see a front view to be able to tell you more about a jaw implant.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combining chin augmentation with rhinoplasty

+1

From the profile photograph you've submitted it certainly does appear that there's an imbalance between the projection of your chin (underprojected) and nose (overprojected). While improvement could be made with nose surgery alone, addressing the chin as well would certainly allow for an even better result.

The chin can be addressed via an implant or sliding genioplasty (where the bone of the chin is cut and advanced forward). A comprehensive evaluation would be recommend, however, to check that make sure that your teeth are in otherwise proper alignment. If the bite is off, corrective jaw surgery (orthognatic surgery) may be a possibility to correct both the bite (occlusion) and chin projection.

A more in depth analysis and evaluation of your nose would allow for a more detail plan and assessment of what could be done to improve its appearance. Certainly the overall size could be reduced, including improving the hump. Computer morphing would allow for the formulation of a customized plan. You'll find that as the chin projection is improved, you won't need as drastic a down sizing of the nose to create the right balance.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1
From the image that you provided one can appreciate the hump on the nose and the desire for a corrective rhinoplasty. I believe that a chin implant would best complement your face as in would provide better harmony between the middle and lower 1/3’s of the face (a straight view photograph would help to determine mandibular implants). Your timing is excellent with the fresh start that college provides. The last piece of advice I can offer is that you will need, and should expect, to undergo a complete facial analysis, functional nasal analysis (how well you breathe through your nose and why you may not be) and dental analysis. Each of these components is reviewed during a comprehensive consultation.

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

A Chim implant and rhinoplasty would give you a great new look

+1

The time between high school and college  is a good time for you to under go a rhinoplasty and a chin implant. 

From your profile photo it looks like you are a really good candidate for both of these procedures.  It would be good to get an analysis of your bite (occlusion) to make sure you would not be a candidate for jaw surgery. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Chin implant can definitely help with rhinoplasty

+1

Hi btbreb,

Your photo suggests that a chin augmentation procedure, either with an implant or with a sliding genioplasty, would definitely help the appearance of your nose.  This adds little risk, but can offer substantial improvement in your appearance.  The charge for both procedures is likely $6000 to $12,000.

Good Luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon