Is Jaw Augmentation the Procedure to Masculinize my Face?

I am a 27 year old male who who is interested in making my face more masculine. Pictures are attached. I feel that the vertical length of my jaw is good, but am not satisfied with the angle of my jaw bones and suspect that a squarer jaw would help. Perhaps lipo under the neck would also be appropriate? What procedure(s) would you recommend for me?

Jawline definition

+1
Jaw implants are placed into the lateral mandible and produce added width of the jaw and give a square and more masculine angle of the jaw. A chin implant gives more projection to the chin for better facial balance. A neck lift would involve removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle as well as a platysma-plasty to give a nice angulated submental area. The 3 procedures are complementary to each other for better masculinization of the lower face

Jaw augmentation

+1

A simple and safe chin implant that takes 30 minutes to do in the office under local anesthesia would masculinize your appearance nicely and easily. ore extensive and riskier mandible or jaw surgery would be inappropriate.. Implants come in all shapes and sizes and there is one just right for you needs. A very small amount of neck liposuction could be done also. I would probably forego mandibular angle implants in you and the risk reward factor is not high enough

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male jawline enhancement

+1

I agree with your assessment of your jawline - neck liposuction would provide you with with a more defined jaw and jawline.  Jaw implants would help give you the "square" jaw depending on the thickness of the tissue over the back portion of the jaw - an in-person consultation would be able to answer that question fairly easily.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Jawline Enhancement Options

+1

Your overall assessment appears to be correct. Jaw angle implants combined with neck liposuction would be a reasonable approach for a better defined jawline.  I would get some computer imaging done first as you probably need a little bit of length of the jaw angle area as well as the width. You should look at it both ways to see if width only or combined length an width produces the better jawline shape. This would also give you the opportunity to look at your chin and see if more squareness and horizontal projection may be complementary to the changes in the back of the jawline.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Jaw treatment

+1

Neck liposuction and chin surgery should give you a more defined face.  Angle implants may be done, but I would go the simple route first.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

I Would Recommend a Chin Implant and Neck Liposuction

+1

In viewing your pictures, you have a slightly weak chin and a poor transition form you jawline to the neck.  A chin implant and neck liposuction would create definition to your jawline and masculinize your face.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

A chin implant and chin liposuction would yield a nice improvement with relatively little intervention.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA