Would jaw augmentation give me a more defined jawline? (Photo)

I am a 25 year old woman and have noticed recently that my jawline is becoming soft and jowly. I've been noticing a lot of excess skin around my jaw, around my mouth and just under my chin. I find my cheeks are sagging despite the fact I work out almost everyday and do facial exercises to tone my facial muscles. I am looking for a permanent solution to get a more defined, strong jawline.

Jaw Implant

+1
Hi,

Jaw Implants will definitely enhance your jawline making it stronger and more defined.However, it will not do anything for your jowls or cheek sagging. It will also square out your jaw masculanizing it.

Dr.S.

Chin and jaw contour #fatgraft

+1
Dear Hodge88
Thank you for your question.  Is difficult to tell your photos it changes that are occurring.  It would be best to have a consultation in person and the specific areas of change can be reviewed.  
What's warm regards,
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Consider fillers

+1
While implants can be considered, I would be concerned about masculinizing your jaw area.  An option to look into is some limited filler injections along the jawline which can also improve your concern of excess skin.  At your age, I would likely not do much more than this.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw line augmentation for a woman

+1
Jaw implants placed along the  jawline in a woman will make her look quite masculine and squared jaw in appearance. I would not recommend it.

Female Jawline Implant

+1
It would be uncommon for a 25 year-old female or male to have any significant jowling or loose skin.  Your pictures do not show any loose skin that would be improved by any type of soft tissue treatment. Thus, only a skeletal augmentation approach would offer any visible change. Since you have mentioned the jawline, I would consider a thin total jawline implant that would augment the total line of the jaw from angle to angle. A female version of a standard jawline implant is available that has a subtle but distinct augmentation effect while keeping the chin from becoming too prominent. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD