What Are My Options For Noticeable Jaw Asymmetry? (photo)

I have very noticable asymmetry in my jaw. The right side is much larger than the left side, which looks like a large chunk is missing from my face. What would be the best option for me to rectify this?

Jaw Asymmetry Solution

+2

Evaluation of the one photograph you present reveals a more significant soft tissue deficiency of the mid and upper cheek on the left than bone. There likely is deficiency in both. I would approach this problem with a combination of autologous fat injections to the deficient left cheek, placement of a thin Porex implant and judicious liposuction of the right cheek. Best of luck to you.

Your options are...

+1

You have a few choices, as many of the other doctors have presented. First I would make an appointment with a Facial Plastic Surgeon who is well acquainted with chin implants and injections. The doctor is likely to present a few options for you, fillers or implants. Fillers are temporary; however they are not an invasive procedure and offer a great non-surgical alternative. Your other option is an implant, which is a permanent solution to your problems. Best of luck to whichever you choose!

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for jaw augmentation

+1

you have a few options for reshaping the jaw. You can have fillers, you can have fat injections, you can have bone put in and you can have bone implants put in. There are pros and cons of each technique, and some can be done in the clinic, some are done awake and some are done asleep. If you want to discuss your options with a surgeon, you should consider finding a consultant plastic surgeon who does jaw reshaping.

Taimur Shoaib, MD
Glasgow Plastic Surgeon

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may restore symmetry to your lower jaw.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photo:

You appear to have a deficiency between your chin and jowl on your left side. This may be improved with an Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I've attached a photo of one of my gracious patients that had nice correction of chin asymmetry with Silikon-1000.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw Augmentation

+1

Hi,

The solution would be a left jaw augmentation. The procedure is done through an incision on the inside of the mouth. It takes about an hour and  can be done under local anasthesia with sedation. See link below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS