Should I have jaw angle implants and chin lipo after previous jaw surgery? (Photo)

The jaw surgery+chin implant was 10 years ago for micrognathia and I still would like much more definition in my jaw line. Is it a good idea to get vertical jaw angle implants and chin liposuction to give a stronger jaw line? My lips do not naturally close and my cheeks are very chubby (my face looks overweight when I am 5'8 and 135lbs). Suggestions please! Chin implant#2? Buccal fat extraction? Cheek aug? I need a point in the right direction.. and a facial implant surgeon on the East coast.
Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

Chin Implant with Buccal Fat extraction

+1
Hi,

From your photos, I would suggest a chin augmentation with buccal fat extraction. That would help better define your chin and lateral jaw line and reduce your chubby cheek look.

Dr.S.

Facial surgery

+1
I don't really recommend angle implants as they have a very high rate of infection. I would really need to know more about your surgery from 10 years ago. Definitely do not remove buccal fat pad. Although you desire a more chiseled (less chubby) appearance now, by removing buccal fat pads you can prematurely age yourself when you get a little older. Volume is youth so whatever you do don't remove buccal fat pad. Neck lipo is something that can help define your neck but the position of your hyoid bone is extremely important in neck definition. The higher hyoid bone the more defined the neck. Repositioning of the hyoid bone is difficult. A neck suspension procedure as well as lipo would most likely give you the definition you are seeking. Personally I like a chin that is slightly on the stronger side for women. This would help with the closing of your lips and as well as your profile. You may want to think about a sliding genioplasty advancement as well as slight vertical augmentation to improve your chin length. 

Manolis Manolakakis, DMD
Middletown Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Jawline

+1
Yes a jawline augmentation and revision genioplasty to provide a more continuous and defined jawline would be a good idea to accomplish your goals. The key is to define with good bony augmentation rather than soft tissue liposuction etc.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Different implant or genioplasty

+1
One aspect of your appearance that contributes to your perception of having an over-weight face is that there is inadequate projection of the bone to the side of the chin.  I suspect that the implant you have does not adequately fill this region.  Additionally, the height of your chin is slightly diminished.  A thorough evaluation by a surgeon with lots of experience with different ways to approach changing the jaw and jawline would be useful.  It could mean just bony surgery, just implant surgery, or a combination of both.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon