Jaw and Chin Implants? How Can I Achieve my Desired Look? (photo)

I am planning to have my jaw and chin reshaped, I have realistic expectations and I want a strong, angled jaw. I currently have a large, rounded jaw so wanted to know what surgery in terms of Jaw and Chin reshaping/implants will make it possible for me to have a jawline and chin simular to my desired look. E.g. jaw implants vs a sliding genioplasty. I have a very narrow long face so I want to have better facial balance and aesthetics. Many thanks

Jaw and Chin Implants

+1

i agree.  You may want to consider jaw implants and a sliding genioplasty.  It may be wise to wait a few years before contemplating this surgery and please consider trying facial fillers as an alternative to a more invasive procedure.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Jaw/chin implants

+1

I think that implants along your jawline and a genioplasty with some contouring could get you the look you want.  I'd recommend seeing a surgeon in person and getting more information about those procedures - that will allow you to make the determination whether surgery is right for you.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Better looking jaw

+1

See someone who does computer imaging so you might how chin/jaw procedures might look on your features. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defined strong jawline

+1

It is quite common to augment  the 'ramus' of the jaw/back of jawline; in order to reshape and increase the contours of the face/especially when viewed from the front. Genioplasty can change the vertical and 'profile' of the jaw; but must be combined with augmentation of the side and back of the jaw to achieve a good balance. See website for examples of this type of procedure.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon