Internal Scarring 2 Months Post-op - Normal?

I Recently (Jan. 27th) Had a Closed Rhinoplasty Done. My Question is I Have a Lot of Internal Scarring. Is This Normal? I had a bulbous nose so part of the cartilage was removed to take out that roundness. It also lifted up my tip which hung over funny. The cartilage removal is probably where the scars are from. The are located at the top of my nostril and around the outside of the nostril. Again on is viewable just by looking at me. Inside it is like two ridges on my nose blocking my airway. One side is bumpy and that side is viewable. I also have a hard time blowing my nose.

Ridges post-rhinoplasty making it difficult to blow nose may be caused by adhesions

+1

The ridges that you are describing that are blocking your airway and making it difficult to blow your nose may well be caused by adhesions or “synnechiae” between the nasal septum and the lateral wall of the nose. 

This is not a normal or desirable result from your nasal surgery; however, it is often very easily solved by releasing any adhesions under either a topical or local anesthesia in the office. 

I recommend that you meet with your rhinoplasty surgeon, to have this evaluated, since the solution is often very straightforward.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is a more plausible explanation for the fullness you observe. Wait 6-9 months before evaluating your result, but continue to be examined by your surgeon.

Scarring after Rhinoplasty

+1

Scarring can occur inside the nasal airway or between skin and cartilages. The scar inside the nose that is formed between the two sides can cause breathing problem. 2 months is too early to make a judgement about problematic scar formation. 9-12 months or longer before the nose is healed.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty scarring after 2 months.

+1

Rhinoplasty scarring after 2 months is possibly still due to swelling . Wait 6 months and if you are still unhappy see an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

Dear jkooba:

It would be too early to have scarring from a rhinoplasty at this stage. The symptoms and ridges you are feeling and seeing may be the new position of the cartilage on your tip, or remaining swelling.

You need to consult with your surgeon, so he can examine you.

My Best,

Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Internal Scars from Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you might have hypertrophic scarring in the area where the incisions where made. This can affect your internal nasal valve thus obstruction your breathing. Depending on what the scarring looks like, you may be able to inject them with Kenelog, a mild steroid. Or you may have to have a composite graft ( skin and cartilage ) in the area of the scarring.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS