Implant Feeling Half on my Right Breast/ Half in my Armpit?

I just had my BA friday 11/9. I am very aware that there will be many changes in the near future. But I just want to ensure that this is normal and if it will still drop and move more inward (where it is supposed to be). Also, sorry if this is TMI, but I am wondering if constipation and bloating is still normal. I have been regularly taking softeners and they have not helped, as of yet. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Early Breast Augmentation Concerns

+1

It is never a good idea to evaluate breast augmentation results before 3 months.  There is a great amount of change to be expected.  Constipation can be managed by stool softeners, lots of water, fiber intake, ambulation, and suppository if necessary. 

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

You are correct in that you can expect significant changes to occur over the course of the next several months. I would suggest that, in the meantime, you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Evaluate the end results of surgery 6 months to one year after it was performed. Hopefully, the breast implants will be where you wish them to be and additional surgery will not be necessary.

If, on the other hand, you find that the breast implants are still in the “armpit”,  revisionary breast surgery ( internal sutures or capsulorrhaphy) may be indicated.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Early postop result after breast augmentation

+1

Generally speaking, 3 days is too early to tell what your final result should look like. However, if you really feel the implant is not in right place and it's obvious then alert your surgeon about it. Otherwise allow the swelling to subside and healing process to complete which may take several months. As far as bloating and constipation is concerned, start high fiber diet, increase fluid intake and wean off narcotic pain medication. Once again, your surgeon should help guide you through these early postop period issues.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1

It is way too early to draw conclusions about your outcxome-also pictures would be helpful-what you are experiencing is not unusual, however,

remember to stay abreast of all your follow up appts with your surgeon -

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Too early to make conclusions with results

+1

It has only been 3 days since your surgery. It is much too early to make any conclusions about the final outcome of your surgery. As your pockets, breast tissue and skin stretch over time, the position of the implants will settle and start to look more natural. Constipation and bloating are also normal after general anesthesia and with the use of oral narcotics for pain control. Hope this helps! If you have any other concerns, please address them with your plastic surgeon at your next follow up appointment.

Thank you for your questions. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Recent surgery

+1

without photographs it is hard to say much. Allow time to pass and for the swelling to resolve before coming to any conclusions.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS