Will a traditional tummy tuck be right for me and if so will it take care of my back fat? (photos)

I am a 34 y/o female who has two boys -- ages 8 and 9. I had both of my children via c-section. During both pregnancies I gained a tremendous amount of weight but most of it was just fluid (not pre-clamsia). My weight gain with both pregnancies was close to 60 lbs. As of today, my current weight tends to be around 159 - 162 lbs and I am 5'5 inches tall.

Will a traditional tummy tuck be right for me and if so will it take care of my back fat?

+3
Based on the photos you have provided--  you are a very good candidate for Tummy Tuck-- it will def remove all of your excess abdominal skin . Liposuction of back, flanks will remove your excess fat and will create a beautiful contour.

Hi

+2
you ll get a excellent result, with the normal tummy tuck, and a full  liposuction ( abdomen, flanks and superior and inferior back)
you re still young so your skin will be fine

you dont need the circunferencial tummy tuck, even if you don't operate with me don't do that

Marco Carmona, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

The Extent of Improvement With Tummy Tuck

+2
Looking at your pictures, I think the major area to improve is the anterior abdomen, especially the cetner. This is likely to be dramatically improved with an aggressive Tummy Tuck. The areas in your back look to be largely issues in your flanks as a continuation of your abdomen. This is the area that really benefits from liposuction at the time of a tummy tuck.  I do not consider that extra or beyond a tummy tuck in most cases because, to me, it is critically important to getting good results. Some folks need extra liposuction in the back to get good results but you do not look to be one of them.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

TT and back rolls

+2
You have a very beautiful body shape so that will be a great foundation for a very nice and extreme result. 
Tummy tuck procedure will be perfect for you, removing the flaccid skin on your abdomen and getting a tight muscle repair can achieve a very flat abdomen and a tapered waist. 
Liposuction will help a lot with your back rolls but you have to acknowledge if your back is saggy because of losing and gaining weight , then lipo will help to make those rolls thinner but not tighter. 
I can only envision a great result. So feel encouraged. 
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+2
A tummy tuck would remove loose skin and would tighten the muscles. Liposuction to the flanks and back would further improve your contours.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Mommy make-over

+2
  1. Your photo shows that you need a tummy tuck with flank liposuction,
  2. This will not remove back fat.
  3. You can have liposuction of the back with the tummy tuck OR
  4. have a tummy tuck that continues to the back (called a body lift, circumferential abdominoplasty or tummy tuck + back lift.
  5. A face-to-face exam is needed to see which approach is better.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Candidate for an abdominoplasty

+2
You would be a good candidate for a standard abdominoplasty.  This should include liposuction of the upper back and posterior hips.  It would be best for your to consider this surgery when you are close to the weight that you want to stay.  

+2
From your photos and short history, you appear to be a good anatomical candidate for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). A standard abdominoplasty does not cosmetically improve the back fat but will significantly improve the cosmetic appearance of the abdomen.The  2 options to improve the area of the back fat are:  extended the tummy tuck incision to the back, with or without liposuction, or liposuction alone. Each will produce a different extent of correction.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and back fat

+2
It looks like a tummy tuck will help you a lot. As long as you are healthy you should be a good candidate. You and your surgeon will have to decide that when you meet. The rolls on your back are not going to change much with a tummy tuck and you shouldn't expect them to or you are going to be disappointed. That area can be treated with liposuction though. When you meet with your doctor make sure you show them your back so that an appropriate plan can be put into place.

Lee E. Corbett, MD