My Problem Area Has Always Been my Nose Width. Can an Alar Base Reduction Help? What is the Cost? (photo)

For as long as I can remember, I have always felt insecure with my nose due to the width. I am now just learning about Alar Base Reduction. Can this help? What is the typical cost in FL or the US? Thanks!

Alar Base Modification or Full Rhinoplasty?

+1

Looking at the photo you provided, I would likely recommend you have your tip reshaped at the same time as having alar base narrowing. My concern would be that you bring the base in on both sides, but end up bringing more attention to your tip that is slightly wide. I am just speaking from experience in doing this type of work on a very regular basis. Make sure you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty expert in your area. Typical cost for this type of rhinoplasty surgery here in San Diego, CA is around $6500-7000 if performed by a specialized facial plastic surgeon.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar base modification to reduce width in rhinoplasty

+1

An alar base reduction will certainly narrow the base of your nostrils, but this may result in the undesirable consequence of making your tip appear wider and more bulbous.  In my professional opinion, an alar base modification alone will not satisfactorily address the width of your nose.  To achieve a more balanced result consider some tip refinement in addition to alar base reduction.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD