I am considering getting 350 cc High Profile silicone under the muscle. Do you think that will look natural?

I am a little worried this will look too big. I want to look very natural. I am a 34A (barely A with very little breast tissue) at 5'6" and weighing 125. About what size would that possibly bring me to, a C cup?

Implant volume and cup size

+1
At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.To achieve size C would require 200 cc implants.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will a 350 cc HIgh Profile implant make me look natural?

+1
I want to look very natural. I am a 34A (barely A with very little breast tissue) at 5'6" and weighing 125. About what size would that possibly bring me to, a C cup?

A 350 cc implant will probably put you in a small C cup bra, but bra companies have not truly standardized cup sizes, so just go for what looks good. Have your PS place sizers in a bra and then put on a T-shirt. Choose the size you like. The profile will have to be decided by your PS according to the width of your breast related to the implant size, but  HIgh Profile sounds about right. 

I suggest the submuscular implant location, which will hide the rim of the implants. Yes, a 350 cc is not too large to look natural. However, tell your PS that it's it's important to you for your breasts to look natural. Some patient actually don't want that.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

350 cc implants

+1
A good simple test to get a rough idea of the size is to do a baggy test in a loose fitting bra. Hard to tell you what is right for you without an exam.

Consider 3-D imaging to assess the implant size you desire.

+1
350cc implants are probably the most common size chosen by my patients. In ou practice we offer 3-D imaging toy help patients decide on the size they prefer. Though not foolproof, it is the best method available to help you decide

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Right size implant for my frame

+1
When I have patients that want breast augmentation, I stress to them to not be concerned about the size of the implant, or the cup size of the bra they will be postoperatively. I do ask them what cup size they would like to be postoperatively, but only to get a sense of what kind of result they desire. 
The most important factor in determining implant size, is what does the patient want to look like after surgery. 
I have elected to use an actual sizing system with specialized implants that mimic the postoperative result look and feel! 3D imaging systems only estimate how a patient will look after surgery, but actually wearing the desired result can be much more informative to the patient. 
I take time to determine a size that absolutely thrills the patient. THEN, we go up a size, just to make sure they don't like that size even more! The biggest regret many women complained of in the past after a breast augmentation is that they didn't go larger. By ultimately finding a size the patient determines to be too big, then going down to the size below that, the patient won't have self doubt about her decision months or years later. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

+1
Without photos- it's impossible to comment accurately. However, based on your height and weight -yes I think it will look natural but i predict that post-operatively you wished you've gone a bit larger.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Sizes

+1
One technique we use is sizers that we use in surgery. Since all of our implants are in stock, we can refine the size to the best dimensions for your body frame. We may try a 350 cc HP implant and compare it to a 325 cc or 375 cc for example. 

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes but I recommend trying on sizers to see if 350 cc is enough. I might recommend 400 cc HP///Good Luck///

Natural Breast Augmentation

+1
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS